SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Awright, who stole my day?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Awright, who stole my day? Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
I rolled out this morning at 5AM per usual, with a mental list of things I wanted to get done today.

It's now 4PM, darn near dark, I didn't get half of the things on my list done, AND I WAS BUSY ALL DAY!

Then, just to be sure I had a Great Day, I got home from town with the chicken feed, went to stow it and discovered that I'd left the lids off the metal trash cans I keep the bagged pellets in and rats had chewed holes in all the bags, PLUS a coon or coons got in there, crapped all over everything, knocked stuff everywhere, managed to get the top off a plastic bucket and ate $20 worth of rat bait.

I hope that furry sumbitch bleeds out somewhere where I can find him and piss on his carcass.

Thinking about it, it's also possible that I didn't forget the lids but the coons pried them off. I guess time to chain 'em down.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 11011 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

“I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.”

Posts: 1444 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yet another thing I miss about living in AZ

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 47134 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I stole it, by the way you're out of toilet paper.

Posts: 597 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Get a Rubbermaid garden deal with a raised lid that will hold 2 garbage cans. Put a bolt on it with a clipped hook. It was a sure cure for raccoon theft at our vacation house.

“Little else is requisite to carry a state to the highest degree of opulence from the lowest barbarism but peace, easy taxes, and a tolerable administration of justice: all the rest being brought about by the natural course of things.”--Adam Smith, born June 16, 1723

Posts: 14225 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Good News, Bad News.

The good news is that the Havahart trap I bought worked.

I'll give ya three guesses what the bad news is.
Yup. Pepe LePew. I made a deal with him: You remain calm, I'll remain calm. Managed to pull the trap out to where I could get to it and get the door propped open without a trip to the Perfume Counter.

I assume he'll eventually walk out and go on about his business.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 11011 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post