SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Fall Allergies Are NOT Cancelled
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fall Allergies Are NOT Cancelled Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted
Mad

Never before about 3 years ago did I have seasonal allergies. Or at least if I did I didn't know it. Now they come out of nowhere, hitting me like a Mac truck.

Didn't even know there were such things as "fall allergies". Guess I forgot about them from last year. About two weeks ago *BOOM*, itchy, sore throat, watery eyes, sneezing...

Even with meds, it still sucks.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
You should move to the desert. Wink

Here EVERYTHING blooms 24/7/365 and there is no distinction of seasons....it sucks year round!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
ever before about 3 years ago did I have seasonal allergies. Or at least if I did I didn't know it. Now they come out of nowhere, hitting me like a Mac truck.

Apple; it's getting into every part of our lives.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12349 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
ever before about 3 years ago did I have seasonal allergies. Or at least if I did I didn't know it. Now they come out of nowhere, hitting me like a Mac truck.

Apple; it's getting into every part of our lives.

Mac, Mack, Maque, Mak...something like that! lol

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:

Here EVERYTHING blooms 24/7/365 and there is no distinction of seasons....it sucks year round!

Yeah, you hear everywhere if you have asthma, allergies, trouble breathing, etc. move to AZ where the air is clear and clean and dry. KMitch is right. We have more (and more types of) pollen here than I've ever seen. The blooming desert. But it is warm and dry. Smile

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, mine are really bad right now too.

I take some allergy stuff and it still affects my sinuses.
I end up with a headache most days, all day.
Stuffy nose at night, keeps me awake...if my back does not hurt enough to keep me awake.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
My seasonal allergies hit me like a freight train yesterday afternoon. Snot was running down my face. It took one Benedryl just to feel better and a 2nd to help me sleep. Then I felt like a zombie this morning. So far so good today. But I think it was because the temperature is dropping big time. It was almost 86 yesterday in Wisconsin!

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Life long allergy suffer I am, or was.

Flonase

For me, it was a life changing discovery.
Try it if you haven't, but you must be consistent and it takes a few weeks to fully kick in. The off brands are fine, I do two sprays once a day.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:

Blowing dust in Arizona desert. Don't forget the dust.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Life long allergy suffer I am, or was.
Flonase
For me, it was a life changing discovery.
Try it if you haven't, but you must be consistent and it takes a few weeks to fully kick in. The off brands are fine, I do two sprays once a day.

Yeah, I use that too. After having it for a while I didn't think it was really doing much....until I stopped using it.

And as GW pointed out, if you're a desert rat you will NEVER forget about the dust! Wink

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Blowing dust in Arizona desert. Don't forget the dust.

I just ordered some shade cloth for the front porch. Was originally going to get white, but then realized within a year it would be dirt colored, so I settled on tan. Smile

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post