SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Why is it I have the only loud neighbors
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why is it I have the only loud neighbors Login/Join 
posted
I live in a nice quiet area for the most part. Neighbors are friendly and courteous,except for one. For the past couple nights all I hear is loud Latin music and singing with tons of base. I have the windows closed and the tv on and have to raise the volume in order to drown them out. No where in the area I live in is there a problem like this,no where. I have called the cops numerous times and nothing happens. They make the music louder once the cops leave. The windows in my house are shaking,for crying out loud. I have dealt with their barking dogs late into the night and early morning. I had to buy fans loud enough to drown them out so my kids can sleep. I have a fence and they throw garbage on my side/lawn.

This year is going to be different. They will have the police called on them constantly. They sell dogs to make the house payment but that is going to stop, unless they can move their kennels inside their home. I have tried to be nice but nothing works. It is time to have my tax dollars working overtime. The police will be on a first name basis with them.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Assholes across the street from me are loud too. Karaoke with awful singing, mariachi, cars parked on lawns, etc... Just trashy ass people.

I would let animal control know they're breeding dogs. Pretty sure you need a license to do that.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am gonna do that as well,thanks.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Many places require a kennel license if they have more than two dogs, and some places make them get the neighbors approval before issuance. Plus if it’s a business it may be frowned upon as well.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Pop off a few rounds.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ Not sure how the last couple of ideas would pan out but they did shoot fireworks over my house. This is gonna suck. Oh well, the cops are going out again.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine had that problem in Houston's Heights. All of the houses on the block were brand new except this run down POS rental house. The hood rat renters parked a car in the yard and used it as the music for their nightly parties (even when they were all indoors). The hood rats had a scanner because the car's music was shutdown every time prior the police arriving.

Finally an accommodating officer responded to the noise complain and he was willing to hangout at her house as his partner drove off in the cruiser. Like clockwork the music came back on 2 minutes after the cruiser left, but this time he videod it on his cell phone and had the audiometer. The officer wrote a nice ticket and provided my friend a copy of this ticket as well as the full list of callouts.

My friend's employer offered all employees 2 hours of free legal service so my friend used it to have the attorney write a nastygram to the landlord that included the Houston slumlord codes as well as all of the callouts for disturbing the peace. Landlord booted their ass , apologized to my friend, and put the property up for sale without renting it.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ It's funny that you said that because the music goes down for a while and then goes back up,I assume after the cops go by. I wonder if they have a scanner.I never even thought of that.

Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a fence and they throw garbage on my side/lawn.

Sounds like some cameras are called for as well.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Before we relocated to NC, we lived in our neighborhood for seven years. For that seven years I enjoyed it 95% of the time.

I would say about two months before we relocated at CPA who rented the placed next door bought a house and moved away. In comes the traveling side show from south of the border.

It turned that corner into a used car lot/construction equipment company. On top of that the nightly parties.

The neighbors tried to put a stop to it real quick. Henrico PD, the zoning office etc.. was called numerous times. I thought screw it call every day especially when I was out of town on orders for the Army, and they threatened me because the inspection sticker on my Ford Explorer was a month behind sitting in the driveway.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I have stated it before, and I’ll state it again:
I am so glad I live in the middle of my 55 acres, in between my mom's 80 acres and my sister’s 65 acres, with a 200 acre pine plantation to my North.

I only need to buy the pine plantation and a few acres to the south of me, and I’ll be set. Smile

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My neighbors aren't so loud but their effing dogs bark incessantly. And their yard looks like a scene from Sanford and Son, only with added dog crap.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Assholes across the street from me are loud too. Karaoke with awful singing, mariachi, cars parked on lawns, etc... Just trashy ass people.

I would let animal control know they're breeding dogs. Pretty sure you need a license to do that.

I have a neighbor who's an asshole, too. About two weeks ago, he rings my doorbell at 2:30 AM continuously and wouldn't let up until I got up and answered the door.

Lucky for him, I was still awake practicing on my drums.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As others have said, check your local pretty codes. Ours allows no more than three dogs per house. Code Enforcement deals with it here.

Posts: 578 | Location: East Texas | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Sometimes there's a silver lining. After my wife and I were married we lived in an apartment in Illinois. The guy above us got home around midnight. He wore heavy boots, and after stomping his way to the bedroom, sat on the bed as he dropped each boot onto the floor (no carpet).

Next apartment was even worse. It was a new colonial style building, we had our choice of units. Selected one on the top floor, balcony facing the woods, and settled in for what we thought would be a quiet life. Not to be.

One one side of us was a couple who played their sound system so loud that the bass would vibrate our bed frame. On the other side was an older alcoholic couple who would have loud, obscenity laced fights accompanied by smashing dishes, glasses, etc. One night my wife got home to find the woman passed out drunk on the landing blocking our door. My wife had to step over her to get in.

The guy directly below us was a disabled vet who liked to listen to his short wave radio in his bedroom directly under ours. In the warmer weather we had to close the window to block the police calls. This would go on almost 24/7.

We had no choice other than to buy a house. We weren't quite ready to afford it but it was either that or slowly go insane. The house appreciated nicely, enabling us to now live in a nice, mostly quiet neighborhood. Otherwise if the apartment had been nice who knows how long we would have put off buying the house.

A silver lining but only in retrospect.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
My neighbors aren't so loud but their effing dogs bark incessantly. And their yard looks like a scene from Sanford and Son, only with added dog crap.

Sounds like my neighborhood, except for the junk. Everyone has an "ankle nipper" that barks constantly. Dog poop everywhere. Nighttime walkers need to use a flashlight.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
Sometimes there's a silver lining. After my wife and I were married we lived in an apartment in Illinois. The guy above us got home around midnight. He wore heavy boots, and after stomping his way to the bedroom, sat on the bed as he dropped each boot onto the floor (no carpet).

Next apartment was even worse. It was a new colonial style building, we had our choice of units. Selected one on the top floor, balcony facing the woods, and settled in for what we thought would be a quiet life. Not to be.

One one side of us was a couple who played their sound system so loud that the bass would vibrate our bed frame. On the other side was an older alcoholic couple who would have loud, obscenity laced fights accompanied by smashing dishes, glasses, etc. One night my wife got home to find the woman passed out drunk on the landing blocking our door. My wife had to step over her to get in.

The guy directly below us was a disabled vet who liked to listen to his short wave radio in his bedroom directly under ours. In the warmer weather we had to close the window to block the police calls. This would go on almost 24/7.

We had no choice other than to buy a house. We weren't quite ready to afford it but it was either that or slowly go insane. The house appreciated nicely, enabling us to now live in a nice, mostly quiet neighborhood. Otherwise if the apartment had been nice who knows how long we would have put off buying the house.

A silver lining but only in retrospect.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/4IRB0sxw-YU

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I confess that we owned a barking dog. He was a rescue, and I think his early, starving days damaged his brain somewhat. He was part coon hound, which I think are kind of noisy to start with, but this guy would bark at anything.

We went outside to see what the problem was once, and he was barking his head off. Translation: "OH MY FUCKING GOD IT'S A DRAGONFLY!"

Thankfully the only neighbor within 1/2 mile was very forgiving, and even mourned a little with us when the dog died.

Anyways, I have no room to grump about noisy neighbors, because I was one, once.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dogs can have bark collars, they work. People, OTOH.....once you can't get the authorities to effect change, sometimes they need retribution. How to do legal retribution on shithells who make noise till 3am?

Get up at the earliest time your municipality allows and run the (unmuffled -if allowed) lawnmower and gas leafblower.

Outside speakers while you work: country music, better yet, gospel (buy earplugs). Car door slamming, yelling to have conversations with folks still inside your home.

Etc etc. I do this a lot camping where the fucks who are in the next site think it's ok to stay up till 2am drinking and being loud. If quiet time is 10pm-7am I'm the guy up at 7am making noise as close to my neighbors as possible. The bullshit never occurs the next day. I've never had a neighbor needed it yet, but I suspect it will work as effectively.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post