SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Why is it I have the only loud neighbors
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why is it I have the only loud neighbors Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My apartment complex has thick walls, thin floors...

Basically I only hear the next door neighbors when they're on the stairs (Building has 8 apartments, two groups of four, all doors are on the first floor).

The downstairs neighbor and I can hear each other when we're watching TV or if we talk too loudly.
(Also makes it tricky when our respective girlfriends are over...)

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1179 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Tell the cops you want to file a complaint for disturbing the peace, you are the victim, and you will sign a witness/victim statement. Ask for a Sgt if the patrol officer blows you off. Demand that they be arrested and dragged off to jail for disturbing your peace.

Read the criminal jury instructions for disturbing the peace.

Call to speak with a captain of you have to. Keep going up the chain.

Posts: 4119 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you think that will work?^^^

Posts: 3859 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Do you think that will work?^^^

Well I was a cop in Florida and that's how we did it in EXTREME cases. It's not for every case, but when folks turn up the volume as soon as the cops leave, and are told several times, then it's time to actually do something.

I may have seen thousand dollar stereo systems thrown on the front lawn to make a point. Maybe. My memory is a little fuzzy. Wink

Posts: 4119 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post