SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Why is it I have the only loud neighbors
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why is it I have the only loud neighbors Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My apartment complex has thick walls, thin floors...

Basically I only hear the next door neighbors when they're on the stairs (Building has 8 apartments, two groups of four, all doors are on the first floor).

The downstairs neighbor and I can hear each other when we're watching TV or if we talk too loudly.
(Also makes it tricky when our respective girlfriends are over...)

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Tell the cops you want to file a complaint for disturbing the peace, you are the victim, and you will sign a witness/victim statement. Ask for a Sgt if the patrol officer blows you off. Demand that they be arrested and dragged off to jail for disturbing your peace.

Read the criminal jury instructions for disturbing the peace.

Call to speak with a captain of you have to. Keep going up the chain.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you think that will work?^^^

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Do you think that will work?^^^

Well I was a cop in Florida and that's how we did it in EXTREME cases. It's not for every case, but when folks turn up the volume as soon as the cops leave, and are told several times, then it's time to actually do something.

I may have seen thousand dollar stereo systems thrown on the front lawn to make a point. Maybe. My memory is a little fuzzy. Wink

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ATT
posted Hide Post
Video log and write down EVERY incident and EVERY time you call the police or code enforcement... If NOTHING works, then try a little 'street justice".

If this does not ... Try some "suggestions" from books like these.

getting even

-------------------------
Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry, for anger resteth in the bosom of fools. Ecc 7:9

SIG556 SWAT * P226
ENDOWMENT MEMBER - NRA www.nra.org

Posts: 613 | Location: Alaska | Registered: November 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ask for a Sgt if the patrol officer blows you off.

As a former FOP-affiliate independent counsel I can say that Sergeants do not reach that position by mere chance.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
We have great neighbors THANK GOD, my buddy had terrible neighbors at one point, went to his house and I hear a generator running next door during the day... I ask him what gives...he said the white trash neighbors didn't pay their bills and had the power turned off, they were using the generator to power their home...WTF is wrong with people

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd amdmt gramps
posted Hide Post
Had a fried who worked shift work. LOUD music next door LATE at night. He knocked on the door and NICELY asked them to tone it down. No luck.

Few minutes later, he rolled a FLASH BANG under their carport by the entrance door.

Music mitigated after that.

Posts: 2106 | Location: southeast arkansas | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Neighbors behind have two ankle biting dogs. No training whatsoever. He lets them out and if I am in my garage with the door closed they bark incessantly. If my dog is outside, his dogs bark incessantly. If I’m in the backyard.....

Then the neighbor st the end of the street has two also, and he has almost no backyard so they shit all over his property. There is shit in the alley, shit in his two closest neighbors yards. Just shit everywhere. Then he thinks he is a carpenter and always has some project going on, he thinks he is a builder. F150, lift kit, tires, front grill, bad LED’s. I thought about making a “I wish I had a Raptor” bumper sticker and slapping it on there. Guy is a complete douche.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
New neighbors in the rental house next door. They have a habit of barbecuing at 2:30 am or having a pit fire (just a hole in the ground) earlier in the night. Drives my two dogs nuts. The cold weather has stopped the fire pit gatherings but they did barbecue at 11:30 pm last night.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
We just recently moved from a "twin" home as they are called in PA (duplex to most of you?) to a single home on the same block and it's WONDERFUL.

We have quiet neighbors on one side and an open lot on the other side and it's so awesome. We probably bugged the crap out of our attached neighbor at the old house with two small, loud kids and floors that you could tell the other half of the twin knew when you were walking on them as on these old houses the joists went ALL the way across both halves.

We had a cranky old guy in the next twin to us with two loud dogs who loved to do "projects" around his yard and outside the house at random times, banging and sawing and drilling and always making some kind of racket that was always waking our two young children.

We are only about 200 feet away from him now, but it may as well be 200 miles! We hear NOTHING! Smile

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post