SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Katie Couric
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Katie Couric Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I put her in the same category as Jane Pauley and Diane Sawyer. They all seem to be killing time with us little people, while waiting for the limo to leave for the Hamptons. People in that business will do or say anything to keep their name before the public. I was particularly turned off by Couric giving interviews to various outlets concerning, the deaths of both her husband and her sister from cancer. Nothing is too personal, that it can't be used for publicity.

I have no use for Couric. Don’t care for Diane Sawyer either. I don’t have a real issue with Jane Pauley, but she’s probably said or done something that would piss me off about her too.

My issue with Jane Pauley stems from an appearance she made on the Letterman show. Letterman had some electronic device that made everyone's voice sound like they were breathing helium, the Donald Duck effect. It was pretty funny and everyone on the panel was cracking up every time they spoke, all but Jane Pauley. She refused to open her mouth as if it were all beneath her dignity.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's a funny bit even with Ms. Lead Balloon.

Posts: 107460 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did enjoy once watching Diane Sawyer introduce James Taylor on the Today Show. They were doing a week about train travel and James Taylor was to sing the Glen Campbell standard, Wichita Lineman, about a telephone lineman. Diane introduced him by saying, "...and now for train buffs everywhere.." No, Diane, the song is not about a train lineman!

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
NBC pulled her out of "retirement " and sent her to Pyong Chang, thereby pissing off Megan Kelly, who felt she would go. Smile

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Since this thread has expanded to other women in the field, I believe Lesley Stahl deserves a mention as well.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
I guess, this would include 'everyday assholes' like Mika Brzezinski

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I haven't had any use for KC for at least 15 years, and after the VCDL interview, although she may not have been personally involved in the selective editing lie, it is in the negative.

Posts: 27918 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MitchbSC:
VCDL Exposes Katie Couric’s Documentary Scandal

To hell with her.

In Katie's voice: "If you ain't Upper East Side Manhattan, you ain't shit. Well maybe you are shit. You fly-over state subhumans are shithole dwellers. I am more sophisticated than you will ever aspire to be. You do what I say."

the irony is that she's from Northern Virginia. A good friend of mine worked with her brother John back in the late 1990's.

Posts: 3074 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bare bones
posted Hide Post
I believe L'il Katy got her break when she was noticed by an Army General (black hat) and was sorta taken under his wing doing war news.

"Only the Dead Have Seen an End to War" Plato.

Posts: 1198 | Location: South Rome, Illinois | Registered: December 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
She was a lot more entertaining with an endoscope up her ass. Been downhill ever since.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
She actually had to apologize to the Dutch...

https://nltimes.nl/2018/02/14/...y-dutch-skating-flub

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10891 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post