SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    POSSIBLE SCAM ALERT
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POSSIBLE SCAM ALERT Login/Join 
posted
Heads up to Forum members, I have been scammed by a lady out in Arizona and possibly by a man in Ohio. I have sent the Mods an email advising them of what happened. If any one wants to contact me off line, I will be more than happy to fill them in. I will not post anything here until I get the okay.. specwar451

For Those Who Fight For It, Life has a Special Flavor the protected never know.... Khe Sahn "68" Unknown Marine

Posts: 262 | Location: North Central Indiana | Registered: August 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Maybe a description of what happened without naming names at this point?

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OMCHamlin:
Oh dear me, I hate drama queen posts like this! Either out with it, or just keep it to yourself.

Agree 100%!!! What's the point of posting you've been scammed without posting details so others can avoid being fooled by the same scam.

Posts: 1618 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
It's not a scam alert, guys. It's just possible scam alert. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruh roh... I know a lady in Arizona and a man in Ohio. Have I been scammed too??

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Let know more when the moderators approve of such a thing.

Just a friendly reminder that a title in all caps is frowned upon.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Possibly a scam or possibly an alert? Confused

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:

Possibly a scam or possibly an alert? Confused

It could all be a possible alert scam.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12349 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's either an alert for a possible scam, or a possible alert for a scam.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The police here in Jerkwater have alerted the public to watch out for “fraudulent scams”. I’m still not clear on what that means.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
The police here in Jerkwater have alerted the public to watch out for “fraudulent scams”. I’m still not clear on what that means.

Real scams are OK, but the fake ones aren’t?

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Real scams are OK, but the fake ones aren’t?

Haha if you’re going to scam. DO IT RIGHT or else!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Sooo, we've got a Firm Possibility of a Definite Maybe that there's a POSSIBLE SCAM ALERT going on here, correct?

Awaiting Further Instructions.... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Sixty seconds of my life I wasted reading this thread.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sixty seconds of my life I wasted reading this thread.

POSSIBLE TIME WASTING ALERT

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15693 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
OMG!..OMg!..Omg..omg

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Thus far this alert is a scam.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1990 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
It's only a "Scam Watch". When the scam is confirmed it will be upgraded to a "Scam Warning".
The national weather alert signal shoulda told ya.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
So this is a PSA about a PSA ...

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
So this is a PSA about a PSA ...

Negative. It's a PSA about a PPSA.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15693 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post