SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    canceled dish tv
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

canceled dish tv Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
A piece of advice, retain the proof that you sent the equipment back with either FEDEX or UPS.

Dish tried that about six months after I sent it all back to them in the boxes they sent using the UPS label they generated and sent to me.

The woman that called said it was not their job to verify the equipment was received, her records showed that they never got it back and I would be billed. So I politely said "Your supervisor please". When that nice gentleman got on the line I repeated what she said, gave him the UPS tracking number and told him that I did what I was instructed to do and I was not responsible for that equipment once it was given to UPS, at that time it became an issue between Dish and UPS and if my credit card was charged for the equipment it would become a SHTF scenario.

I received a verbal apology from him and later a written confirmation that the matter was resolved internally with no liability to me.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8061 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
A piece of advice, retain the proof that you sent the equipment back with either FEDEX or UPS.

Dish tried that about six months after I sent it all back to them in the boxes they sent using the UPS label they generated and sent to me.

The woman that called said it was not their job to verify the equipment was received, her records showed that they never got it back and I would be billed. So I politely said "Your supervisor please". When that nice gentleman got on the line I repeated what she said, gave him the UPS tracking number and told him that I did what I was instructed to do and I was not responsible for that equipment once it was given to UPS, at that time it became an issue between Dish and UPS and if my credit card was charged for the equipment it would become a SHTF scenario.

I received a verbal apology from him and later a written confirmation that the matter was resolved internally with no liability to me.

Will do thanks

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep this return information forever!!!. My son had comcast come after him 2 years later.

Posts: 1188 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still no confirmation on shipping me the boxes, labels, or other things needed to return this crap.

This is going to be a clusterflrark.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Centurylink mailed me shipping boxes and mailing labels to return their equipment a few months ago... boxes still haven’t shown up.

Posts: 6658 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
When I attempted to return a 'Joey' to Dish, it took at least 2 calls to get a shipping box. I believe that's their tactic to milk another $7 from me for another monthly rent payment.

Amazon can get me my stuff in 1 or 2 days. Dish takes 4 to 6 weeks.

Why did they loose nearly 1,000,000 subscribers last year?

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4207 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I attempted to return a 'Joey' to Dish, it took at least 2 calls to get a shipping box[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Lucky you. We have located Joey for you after only two days. Here is the link to the story WITH VIDEO! (Top story on the news)

link: https://www.wlox.com/2019/06/0...fter-two-day-search/

Posts: 17140 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
i canceled Dish on Thursday. Told the girl that answered we no longer watched tv anymore and were strictly using internet. I told her to transfer me up to whoever could cancel the service. She stated no need to transfer. She went thru my info to verify the account and had me cancelled in less then 5 minutes. Told me that because I had been a subscriber for more than 18 years there was no need to return the equipment. Also stated we had a 50 dollar credit and would have it sent out asap.
Will see what happens in the next few weeks.

phil

Posts: 2383 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The boxes arrived, the equipment was sent back the same day.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr.sig239:
i canceled Dish on Thursday. Told the girl that answered we no longer watched tv anymore and were strictly using internet. I told her to transfer me up to whoever could cancel the service. She stated no need to transfer. She went thru my info to verify the account and had me cancelled in less then 5 minutes. Told me that because I had been a subscriber for more than 18 years there was no need to return the equipment. Also stated we had a 50 dollar credit and would have it sent out asap.
Will see what happens in the next few weeks.

See my recorded call became training for the whole company. Glad it went smoother for you than me.

Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Wife and I just don't use it. I listen to audio books, she is busy with her stuff. It rarely gets turned on. We just don't like to sit and watch anymore. It is easier to have netflix/prime/youtube up on one cpu screen and work other.

So I called yesterday.
Went to programming change/customer service group. spent 5 min explaining I wanted to cancel. after not canceling me, I am told cancellations are another group. The fun begins.......

LOL, I had no idea they'd do that I apparently just did it the easy way.... just quit paying. Last month I found an old letter from Dish that since my payment was overdue my service was canceled and to call them to make a payment and get reconnected. Hell I don't know the last time I even had the TV on.... probably sometime last year? I call the payment department and get to a human right away. When she asks for my credit card# for the $80 to get caught up and reinstated I tell her I don't want the service any longer and ask how much I owe just for what's past due? She says about $40 but they'll send an exact final bill which I received four days later, paid that and done. Oh she said since my equipment was absolute I could just keep it or "recycle" it.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7026 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I have had Cable, Dish and Direct TV. I like Dish the best out of all of them. I only got rid of Dish at my last house due to them raising the prices after locking me in for two years. Direct TV was always in and out and the channel selection wasn't the best. I tried to cancel and they wanted crazy amount to let me out of contract. I was lucky and moved to a new house that had a large tree in the back and they could not get good line of sight so they let me out of my contract. Now the only service I can get is cable due to the woods in the back.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1046 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They recieved my box of chit, now i am waiying for them to say part or all of it is missing.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Regardless of the drama to de-tangle yourself from the web of TV providers, it is SO WORTH IT to dump them, keep some sort of internet service, and watch what you want that way. We have 100GB cable internet for $59.99/mo, about a ballizion times faster than what AT&T offered.

We wanted to binge some stuff on HBO (Deadwood, GOT, some others) so we subscribed for a couple of months. Once I finished Deadwood re-watch and the movie, I cancelled the subscription.

Picked up SlingTV for the summer because the kids love watching Vet TV shows. When they are done, we'll dump it until we need something else to watch.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
She did it! After a bout a year of nagging my wife finally canceled Dish TV! There’s $70/month I won’t have to waste anymore.

Posts: 13731 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
...snip...

Your neighbor feels your pain. Wink

Posts: 3569 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanPatWork
posted Hide Post
24 minutes of back and forth today. Lots of "let me run into the back office to try and get you a better deal". After me telling him for the 5th time that I appreciated that he had to try and retain me as a customer, and them willing to cut the bill in half, I finally got him to recognize I wasn't going to back down.

It's a shame these companies don't get that they are pricing themselves out of customers.

Obsolete equipment, so no return box necessary, but the equipment is hanging out for a while in the cabinet to be sure. I'll be glad when we're done with this in the next few days.

Posts: 284 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^ The satellite, cable and cell companies dont change policy toward customers for this simple reason: You have no importance to them. Your threat or decision to cancel their service does not even amount to a drop in the ocean to them. You dont rate. The only way for these large companies to alter their policies and give true customer service would be if 90 % of their customers dumped them in a short time frame.
I dont see it happening.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15974 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
We're looking at dropping Direct TV and going to a streaming service.

Last night Direct really got me. 10 P.M. and literally nothing on was worth the electricity to watch it. And the amount of "commercial" channels trying to sell you some crap, that gets me, have to get them as part of our package. We cut our channel lineup about six months ago, trying to pare expenses. We lost the AHC, IFC, and a few others we watched as a result.

We go to one of the kids houses tonight for a demonstration of their streaming service.

I just had a nice (seriously) with Sirius regarding our billing. I explained the fixed income, having to cut some expenses, they offered me a better deal for twelve months which I accepted, I can live with that offer.

We shall see if and what Direct offers when I go to cancel it.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8061 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post