SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    canceled dish tv
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

canceled dish tv Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
A piece of advice, retain the proof that you sent the equipment back with either FEDEX or UPS.

Dish tried that about six months after I sent it all back to them in the boxes they sent using the UPS label they generated and sent to me.

The woman that called said it was not their job to verify the equipment was received, her records showed that they never got it back and I would be billed. So I politely said "Your supervisor please". When that nice gentleman got on the line I repeated what she said, gave him the UPS tracking number and told him that I did what I was instructed to do and I was not responsible for that equipment once it was given to UPS, at that time it became an issue between Dish and UPS and if my credit card was charged for the equipment it would become a SHTF scenario.

I received a verbal apology from him and later a written confirmation that the matter was resolved internally with no liability to me.

Douglas MacArthur: “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”

Posts: 5777 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
A piece of advice, retain the proof that you sent the equipment back with either FEDEX or UPS.

Dish tried that about six months after I sent it all back to them in the boxes they sent using the UPS label they generated and sent to me.

The woman that called said it was not their job to verify the equipment was received, her records showed that they never got it back and I would be billed. So I politely said "Your supervisor please". When that nice gentleman got on the line I repeated what she said, gave him the UPS tracking number and told him that I did what I was instructed to do and I was not responsible for that equipment once it was given to UPS, at that time it became an issue between Dish and UPS and if my credit card was charged for the equipment it would become a SHTF scenario.

I received a verbal apology from him and later a written confirmation that the matter was resolved internally with no liability to me.

Will do thanks

Posts: 5250 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep this return information forever!!!. My son had comcast come after him 2 years later.

Posts: 820 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still no confirmation on shipping me the boxes, labels, or other things needed to return this crap.

This is going to be a clusterflrark.

Posts: 5250 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Centurylink mailed me shipping boxes and mailing labels to return their equipment a few months ago... boxes still haven’t shown up.

Posts: 5282 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
When I attempted to return a 'Joey' to Dish, it took at least 2 calls to get a shipping box. I believe that's their tactic to milk another $7 from me for another monthly rent payment.

Amazon can get me my stuff in 1 or 2 days. Dish takes 4 to 6 weeks.

Why did they loose nearly 1,000,000 subscribers last year?

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham
Liberalism is a failure to find pathways to intelligence in your brain. - David Lawrence

Posts: 1845 | Location: Kalispell Montana & Florida’s Emerald Coast for the Winter | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I attempted to return a 'Joey' to Dish, it took at least 2 calls to get a shipping box[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Lucky you. We have located Joey for you after only two days. Here is the link to the story WITH VIDEO! (Top story on the news)

link: https://www.wlox.com/2019/06/0...fter-two-day-search/

Posts: 5185 | Location: MS GULF COAST | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post