SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Three new cars totaled in 5 years
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Three new cars totaled in 5 years Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Does Ohio allow for filing a suit for diminished value claims? Was the car a lease?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
They have already agreed to pay diminished value, we'll see what they offer.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 08 Cayenne:
You can't get an attorney because this accident is the same as the last 2. Soft tissue damage only, bumps, bruises, cuts, and whiplash. Lawyers don't want this because there is no money to be made, can't blame them. If I would have broken by back or my neck they would be lining up. The accident was in WV, thanks for the offer. After pitching my bitch here I called the station and explained. They can revise the report but the original officer has to do it, so I have to wait for him to contact me and he has to agree that the evidence proves my request. The video absolutely proves my point, can't see how he could argue with it. I'm going to send off copies of the video to both insurance companies.

could be because my wife is a paralegal, and her firm gives the folks there free services,

when I was hit last year, totaled my Cooper, and I suffered soft tissue damage on my back , I got the run around and not the best deal on my car,

I lawyered up for the rest of the claim and got a decent (more than for the car, but not big money) check ,

of course they covered a couple days missed work, some doc bills and PT for my bruised back,

would not hurt to look around and see if anyone would take it

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In your situation, I would highly recommend leasing!!!!!!!!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
In your situation, I would highly recommend leasing!!!!!!!!
Quite possibly.

There are two possibilities here, however. (1) you are the problem, in which case leasing would make sense. Or (2) it was always the other guys fault, you were just wrong place / wrong time / etc. In which case you have had 3 events in 5 years, so statistically speaking, you should be good for a long long time.

Good luck!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
Unless the Officer was an eyewitness the accident report is their "opinion" of what happened. I have won 2 claims thru insurance on work vehicles where we had dashcam video that showed a different story than the police report. I would not spend time trying to get the police report amended, I would get the video to your insurance.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1881 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mike718
posted Hide Post
So, if the cop reviewed your footage, can you get the other guy since he technically file a false police report?

NRA Member

Posts: 177 | Location: VA | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
Well it took almost 7 weeks but I finally received the revised police report stating what really happened. Unreal how difficult and complicated they make the process. My car should be done in a the next couple of weeks. Last estimate I received was $37K.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Maybe time for a driver...? Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
I've never checked yet, the guy at the collision center says that the insurance companies usually total a vehicle when repairs are above 60% of the cars value.

quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
How close was the amount of damage to the value of the vehicle?

Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
There were 4 different tear downs, an adjuster was there for all 4. They just kept peeling back the layers. They had an additional for the electrical issues.
Absolutely Porsche will skate if something related to accident fails, they already told me the warranty wouldn't be good. They told me to take it to a Porsche certified collision center. The Porsche collision will pay for any warranty issues related to the accident down the road, its in writing.
I was there for the first 2, I watched them rip off the lift gate with sledge hammers and crow bars, it was heartbreaking. Luckily all the damage is cosmetic, its the only reason I agreed to a repair. This place is good, they had Porsches stripped down to literally a pile of parts and a bare body, cars double and triple the price of mine.

Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
Got the car back, it took them 75 days to get the work completed, 180 hours labor on bodywork. I can honestly say you cannot tell it was in an accident, its flawless.

Today the diminished value battle begins.