SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Three new cars totaled in 5 years
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Three new cars totaled in 5 years Login/Join 
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted
I think I pissed off a witch. I've been hit head on once and in the ass twice. Two of the three were basically new, around a year old and 10k on the odometer. The 3rd was 4 years old with 45k, it was actually the first accident, still a damn nice car. I bought all 3 new at about $150k. All 3 were the other guys fault. All 3 were oil and gas guys in the area temporarily working. The amount of these guys in the area has to be an unbelievably small percentage. I got hosed on the first 2 and probably will get hosed on the last.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
someone else pissing your dollars away can't be fun. I hear you.

So you have a sticker on your car that says, "Solar power now!" That may explain the O&G guys.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
That truly stinks for you. I am glad you are unhurt though. (I am assuming)

What were the cars? I only ask because 150k puts them in the "cool" category and an expensive car is a luxury I have not indulged.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your trouble. That's a lot to deal with.

If the Porsche you had an accident recently ends up being totaled, that could, in the end, be a blessing. There are a lot of reasons I'd be grateful to walk away from a vehicle that experienced everything you described in the thread.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
I can understand your situation.

From 1990 to 2002 I was hit a total of 7 times.

My first brand new car was a 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. It was Motor Trends car of the year. I was saving money, living at home, and had the car paid off in 3 years. Within 6 months of my last payment I was rear-ended, the car was totaled, I had 3 surgeries due to the accident, lost my job.

The replacement was a used 1985 black z51 Corvette. I was hit in that car 4 times. The last time totaled it.

I replaced the 85 Vette with a 90 Vette. That car was never hit and I sold it at the Bloomington Gold car show.

The replacement for it, solely due to the fact we now had a baby, was a 2002 BMW 330 convertible. Loved that car. Was rear-ended on the highway while at a dead stop. The license plate on the red Dodge Avenger was STUD2. And yes, he was an idiot and it made me wonder who had already taken STUD1.

While bickering with his insurance, I was at a stop at a stop light waiting for the green light. Next thing I knew, WHAM, a trash truck rear-ended me.

So now I had "low" damage on the bumper from the Avenger and "high" damage on the trunk from the trash truck.

Now the good news. No one else has hit me ever since.

So hopefully the silver lining is coming for you as well.

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn! All Porsches?

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Get a truck. Put a hitch on the back. Been hit from behind a few times with no damage other than needing a new hitch cover. $20.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
Only the last one was a Porsche, it was my retirement car. I am very thankful, it could have been so much worse in so many ways.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
You must be driving the wrong cars. In fifty-seven years of driving, I have had two very minor fender-benders. I drive a Corvette and tend to speed.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LimaCharlie:
You must be driving the wrong cars. In fifty-seven years of driving, I have had two very minor fender-benders. I drive a Corvette and tend to speed.

Just a matter of the wrong place at the wrong time. Like in my post above, with my black Corvette I was hit multiple time. The red Corvette was never touched.

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
Adding insult to injury:
I just received the police report on the latest accident. Guy hit me in the rear when I was stopped in traffic at about 55 mph. He told the PO that I changed lanes and cut him off. He also told the cops I was in the process of changing lanes again and this was the cause of the accident. Total BS but the lying bastard convinced the cop this actually happened and its what went into the accident report. Cop didn't say anything to me about this at the accident seen. I have a dash cam, both front and rear, and I told the cop to view the video several times but he refused, said he had all the facts. Actually at the seen the dash cam recorded him saying he didn't want to review the video. The video clearly shows me stopping in traffic, never changed lanes at all, when the moron smashed into me. The cop refused to cite him at the seen, he wouldn't tell me why, just said it was the insurance companies job to assign fault. I think its his fault regardless since he hit me in the rear but it doesn't look good and is not what happened. I wonder if you can get an accident report amended?

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

Time for the pitbull lawyer.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 08 Cayenne:

I wonder if you can get an accident report amended?
You're in Ohio? Where? If in or near Columbiana County, I know a guy. Wink

My younger is a lawyer, in the county prosecutor's office. He could probably steer you on the right path.

My email address is in my profile, if you need contact information.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 08 Cayenne:
Adding insult to injury:
I just received the police report on the latest accident. Guy hit me in the rear when I was stopped in traffic at about 55 mph. He told the PO that I changed lanes and cut him off. He also told the cops I was in the process of changing lanes again and this was the cause of the accident. Total BS but the lying bastard convinced the cop this actually happened and its what went into the accident report. Cop didn't say anything to me about this at the accident seen. I have a dash cam, both front and rear, and I told the cop to view the video several times but he refused, said he had all the facts. Actually at the seen the dash cam recorded him saying he didn't want to review the video. The video clearly shows me stopping in traffic, never changed lanes at all, when the moron smashed into me. The cop refused to cite him at the seen, he wouldn't tell me why, just said it was the insurance companies job to assign fault. I think its his fault regardless since he hit me in the rear but it doesn't look good and is not what happened. I wonder if you can get an accident report amended?

Unreal on the part of the "bad guy" and also on the part of the cop. I'm sure you have the dash cam video's saved. I would get copies to your insurance carrier so they don't either lay blame on you per the bad police report, or, throw their hands in the air and assign a percentage of blame to you and the remainder to the bad guy.

Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
You can't get an attorney because this accident is the same as the last 2. Soft tissue damage only, bumps, bruises, cuts, and whiplash. Lawyers don't want this because there is no money to be made, can't blame them. If I would have broken by back or my neck they would be lining up. The accident was in WV, thanks for the offer. After pitching my bitch here I called the station and explained. They can revise the report but the original officer has to do it, so I have to wait for him to contact me and he has to agree that the evidence proves my request. The video absolutely proves my point, can't see how he could argue with it. I'm going to send off copies of the video to both insurance companies.

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm going to send off copies of the video to both insurance companies.

Great idea to send it to his insurance carrier as well. It will contradict his probable prior statement to them and give them a reason to cancel his coverage for providing a false statement/claim.

Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
^^^

Time for the pitbull lawyer.

You might be right. I was successful getting the accident report revised although I have not read it yet. The cop agreed with me when he saw the dash cam video but the report won't be available for another week. Now the problem is his insurance is not honoring the collision center estimate. They are $7000 apart. The collision center said not to worry about it yet its still early. Been without my car for a month and most of the parts are not even ordered yet.

posted Hide Post
I know exactly what you are dealing with.

Brother bought a new F-150 a few years back, loaded. He got the A plan on it which is like putting money down.

After 2 months someone runs a stop sign and rams his truck and it rolls over. Now this happened in town, speed limit 25mph.
The truck was done for. When the insurance check came, he still would owe 5000$ on the truck.
I think he should have gotten to keep the motor and any other thing not torn up and the truck. But no, they even kept his license plate.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Make the other guy burn. Go after everything he has.

An accident is an accident. Lets move on. UNLESS, you lie to the cop and falsify what actually happened. Do that, and I will go after everything you have, within my power. Be a thorn in his side that wont go away.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Three new cars totaled in 5 years

I totaled 2 in consecutive days, several years ago. One was mine, rear ended a SUV. I borrowed my dad's car to go to work the next day, and WHAM! rear ended another SUV. There were other incidents, but totaling 2 in 2 days was just ridiculous. Both were my faults, too. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post