SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Jimmy Carter
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jimmy Carter Login/Join 
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
The one disgrace to the office everyone has seemed to overlook is Clinton.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Seems it is easy for some of you to throw stones. I can see that Carter got in over his head.. but am still trying to figure out how he became this evil person to many of you. Heck Reagan did more damage to the gun community that Carter ever did. Carter is a good Christian that tried to make a difference....

Research Carter and the Middle East after he left office. Look up what happened to interest rates and the economy when he was president. There are more than just gun issues...

The guy was a buffoon and was in way over his head.

Carter wasn't like Obama (my choice for Worst President) who I considered a POTUS with terrible intentions for the American people. Carter earned his place on the worst list because of his incompetency, his sheer stupidity in everything he touched, all driven by a quiet arrogance of being holier than thou. As I posted before, his actions in the late 70s in regards to Iran was the powderkeg that created Islamic terrorism as we know it today. His buffoonery in handling a 444 day hostage situation has been unmatched by any other President since.

In the 90s under Bill Clinton, again Carter demonstrated his skills of appeasement and stupidity when he brokered a "deal" with North Korea, heaping praise onto the dictator and proclaiming NK as a peaceful country, then sending the regime billions in aid and money. Several years later, NK tests launches its first multi-stage ICBM.

Even if he was hammering nails into houses, there is no defense of this idiot.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know there is such an abundance of material, that it's easy to overlook things but let's not forget giving away the Panama Canal. Can you see Trump or Reagan doing that? Reportedly the Secret Service hated his guts for the way he treated them and for being a huge phony in their eyes. He tried to show himself a "man of the people" by carrying his own suit bag and luggage, when leaving for a trip. Retired agents say the bags were invariably empty.
I remember that during his presidency, for the first time, I actually began to consider stockpiling food because I feared his obvious weakness was going to tempt the Russians to do something adventurous. His legacy will always be the bumper sticker that reappears with every subsequent Democratic administration, " Jimmy Carter, No Longer our Worst President ".

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
There's a phrase he earned early on in the national spotlight, he needs this as a tattoo --

"More mush from the wimp"

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the time, I thought Carter was a lousy president, but I didn't hate the man.

It took 36 years of him running his ignorant pie hole to earn the level of disgust I feel for the son of a bitch.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
93 years old, had brain cancer, and wasn't that smart to begin with.

Yes YellowJacket,an excellent summary of realities to remember when hearing comments by this fellow.

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember the bumper stickers during the Reagan/Carter debates...

"But Reagan is an actor. Well Carter is a Clown".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Seems it is easy for some of you to throw stones. I can see that Carter got in over his head.. but am still trying to figure out how he became this evil person to many of you. Heck Reagan did more damage to the gun community that Carter ever did. Carter is a good Christian that tried to make a difference....

Mid-teens mortgage interest comes to mind........

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8103 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
High teens. I think it got to 17%. I was wrong. Per wiki...

Carter enacted an austerity program by executive order, justifying these measures by observing that inflation had reached a "crisis stage"; both inflation and short-term interest rates reached 18 percent in February and March 1980.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I am sure those in the military can remember the sigh of relief when President Reagan took over as CIC. It was for me.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post