SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Jimmy Carter
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jimmy Carter Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Anti-Semitic, Israel hating asshole.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Seems it is easy for some of you to throw stones. I can see that Carter got in over his head.. but am still trying to figure out how he became this evil person to many of you. Heck Reagan did more damage to the gun community that Carter ever did. Carter is a good Christian that tried to make a difference....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Seems it is easy for some of you to throw stones. I can see that Carter got in over his head.. but am still trying to figure out how he became this evil person to many of you. Heck Reagan did more damage to the gun community that Carter ever did. Carter is a good Christian that tried to make a difference....

Research Carter and the Middle East after he left office. Look up what happened to interest rates and the economy when he was president. There are more than just gun issues...

The guy was a buffoon and was in way over his head.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

That sort of moderate talk will not fly around here, bub!

I sort of agree. Carter couldn't get anything done, and did some things that were negatives. It is true what you say about Reagan and gun control. I certainly don't love Carter, and I think he was a worse than average president, but not one deserving of the level of hate some show.

I think he caught some fallout blame by being the Democrat that followed Nixon/Ford. I also think he is well within living memory to many people, who recall him as one of the least liked Presidents of the last 40 years, but who weren't alive when other more deserving choices were in office, people like FDR or Johnson.

(And I sort of admire Johnson as an executive and wheeler-dealer, even though his policies were disaster.)

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
People seem to have forgotten a few things about Carter.

Pro-Palestinian and anti-Semitic:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/...AR2007011901541.html

Carter colluded with the Soviet Union to try to keep Reagan from being re-elected:
http://archive.frontpagemag.co...cle.aspx?ARTID=21736

Carter spent his career propping up brutal dictators and legitimizing their regimes:
http://www.thegatewaypundit.co...-10-worst-dictators/

Carter went to North Korea in 1994 and personally convinced Clinton that NK would never make a nuclear weapon. He is personally responsible for the past 20 years of oppression of the people of North Korea:
https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/160858

There's more, but it makes the claims that he was just a hapless, good natured Christian laughable.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Look up who the largest donors are to his foundation....among others, Saudi Arabia and the Bin Laden Group.

posted Hide Post
I was in high school from 1976-1980. These were my "informative" years. I always saw Carter as sort of wimpy. What clinched it for me was the Iran hostage crisis. I voted in my first Presidential election in 1980. Wasn't a difficult choice at the polling place.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jimmy Carter was a fool. He still is.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
To me he is still the worst president. Anyone remember the inflation and interest rates? According to him we were at fault.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
93 years old, had brain cancer, and wasn't that smart to begin with.

Smart enough to be a nuclear submarine officer under Adm. Rickover. Not smart enough to go above that -- word was, he even presided on who got to play when with regards to the tennis courts.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

Smart enough to be a nuclear submarine officer under Adm. Rickover. Not smart enough to go above that -- word was, he even presided on who got to play when with regards to the tennis courts.

He could not even correctly pronounce the word nuclear.

One of the largest mistakes made under his administration was implementing of the Department of Education.
Took control from local school boards.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
93 years old, had brain cancer, and wasn't that smart to begin with.

A prime example of engineers being smart but having absolutely NO common sense.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:
He could barely manage his own presidential affairs.

Clinton was better at this. He did it in the oval orifice.

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve 22X:

He could not even correctly pronounce the word nuclear.

It's almost sad how many get "nuclear" wrong but Jimmah had his unique way of butchering it and it was ugly.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good Christians aren’t anti-Semitic.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:

Damn man,you sure got sucked in on the horse shit.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I used to think he was a nice but naïve guy who was just in over his head.

Posts: 27959 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Carter is a good Christian that tried to make a difference....

If he's a christian, I'm the Queen Of England.

His brother was a better man.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
but am still trying to figure out how he became this evil person to many of you.

1) The Fall of Afghanistan to the Russians and carters ineffectual response led to the rise of Al Queda and OBL.
2) The Fall of Iran to the Islamic fundamentalists and the lack of any response has led to 40 years of terrorist expansion.
3) The 1 China Policy- China will take back Taiwan.

Those are just 3 quick ones. Carter might of been a nice guy but he was a disaster for America.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
That sort of moderate talk will not fly around here, bub!
You really know how to pick your battles, don't you? Roll Eyes

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post