SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I HATE our mattress
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I HATE our mattress Login/Join 
posted
we have a 2000.00 mattress that feels like sleeping on a pile of boxes. i wake up feeling like an 80 year man if i even get any sleep at all. how do i tell my wife this thing sucks ass? its 3:30am and i do not have to be up til 5:00 but i needed to get out of that turd we call a bed. i think the cats pad would be more comfortable then this thing. the best part is we have a 20 year warranty. yay!!

Posts: 1046 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I feel like that half the time getting up form my sleep # bed. The other days are a little better.
My wife hates the bed too. We just can't get around to buying a new bed and then there is the cost of a new one that is a deterrence.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We love our sleep number bed. Adjustable firmness (I like soft, she likes very firm). Also has adjustable heat on both sides. She likes smoking hot on her side and I like just enough to take the chill out of the sheets. Sure it cost a few extra bucks but what is a good nights sleep worth. Also goes the same for a good pillow. Used to buy the cheapest ones until I bought a nice memory foam. What a difference. Wife has a bamboo one. Like stated, what is a good nights sleep worth to you?

Posts: 545 | Location: OH | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I hated our Sleep Number. One of our best purchases ever was a new Simmons Beatyrest firm box top mattress. It just worked for us.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Bought a Saatva on line 18 mos ago. PS, I have had three spine surgeries by the way.... and could not be happier!! GREAT MATTRESS!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Best mattress I ever bought around 9 years ago was a $600 memory foam Tempurpedic knockoff from Costco.

It's AWESOME, and feels to me no different than the Tempurpedic except that I spent $600 instead of $2500!

Posts: 33602 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB3
posted Hide Post
We went through several online mattresses Leesa, Purple, Helix, guess what the $600 King Size Plush Serta Eurotop at SAMs Club is the most comfortable mattress we have owned.

Blaming the crime on the gun, is like blaming a bad story on the pencil.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Saint Charles Missouri | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
We have a Tempur pedic and love it

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
http://www.charlesprogers.com/

Buy once. It's a great mattress. At least for us.
One of theirs is top rated in CR.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We love our sleep number bed too.
When it gets to feeling uncomfortable I just let some air out and change the setting and it feel great again.
All my other beds just added to my aching back, but not this one.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Loom & Leaf by saatva. Good return policy too.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
My wife and I got a saatva last year and its great, I also recently bought a Zinus hybrid and that's also pretty good if you're on a budget.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I hated our Sleep Number. One of our best purchases ever was a new Simmons Beautyrest firm box top mattress. It just worked for us.

That is all I have ever owned. They last about 20 years and then I get a new one.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Stearns and Foster pillow top.
My California king is twelve years old and the most comfortable mattress imaginable.
Not cheap, however.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by simmy952:
We love our sleep number bed. Adjustable firmness (I like soft, she likes very firm). Also has adjustable heat on both sides. She likes smoking hot on her side and I like just enough to take the chill out of the sheets. Sure it cost a few extra bucks but what is a good nights sleep worth. Also goes the same for a good pillow. Used to buy the cheapest ones until I bought a nice memory foam. What a difference. Wife has a bamboo one. Like stated, what is a good nights sleep worth to you?

We loved our sleep number until about 6 years into the 20 year warranty the foam is shot and they want $625 to replace the foam under warranty.
We just got a Sealy traditional super soft pillowtop mattress has some gel foam in it too for cooling. Cost half of what the sleep number did. To me it is a bit soft, kind of like sleeping in a bowl of pudding, my wife loves it. I prefer a little more firm but is is worlds better than the beat down sleep number. Our 3 year old now has the sleep number and since he got it he sleeps all the way through most nights now which he rarely ever did before.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most mattress places will take back a mattress within 60 days, call them and exchange it for another if it's that bad......otherwise I don't know what to tell you. You're married to your wife and cannot communicate to her that you hate the mattress??? WTF?

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gambit123:
we have a 2000.00 mattress that feels like sleeping on a pile of boxes...

Hey, don't knock the boxes! There was a guy who made a bed (whole set of furniture actually) out of FedEx boxes and said it was surprisingly comfortable.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I had a water bed for about 20 years and loved it. When it died, I was just about to pull the trigger on another water bed, one of the ones you would really sink into, like quicksand. But I saw a Sleep Number ad, and I bit.

I HATED my Sleep Number bed. From day one, I never got it exactly where I wanted it to be. It was highly overpriced, the compressor was insanely noisy and had a habit of kicking on in the middle of the night. When I got hurt in 2007, I had a lot of problems getting off of it, so I began sleeping in a recliner. What an improvement! When I got one of my cats a few years ago, he peed on the Sleep Number bed, and that gave me a good reason to get it out of here. All that's left is the garbage can plastic base. When I move soon, I will buy one of those "Sleep Chairs" like a friend has. Goes flat, you can raise your feet up if you want. The one I'm going to get has heat and if you want, will even lift you up. I'm done with beds.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Loom & Leaf by saatva. Good return policy too.

Another vote for loom and leaf best 1500 i ever soent

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a King size high tech memory foam from Lull.com $900 delivered

Comes with a trial of 100 nights. Free pickup and cash refund if you desire.

Love it. We sleep on a slatted platform type bed so there is no innerspring.

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post