SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Hints from Heloise - Motorcycle Edition
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hints from Heloise - Motorcycle Edition Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
If you're used to wearing a 3/4 helmet and switch to a full face, resist the urge to snork up a big wet loogie and spit, no matter how cold it is or how badly your nose is running... Eek

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
I promise I'm not laughing AT you.

Really. I promise.

Big Grin

Especially not after the "Sneeze of 04"

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Oysters in May are always a no-no.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Oysters in May are always a no-no.

Separate topic, but oysters are a no-no 24/7/365 for me. Nasty sumbitches.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking that very thought this morning as I used my neck gaiter as an impromptu face shield cleaner. New helmet last week.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
The downside of fullface helmets.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3693 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
That's one reason I use a modular. Big Grin

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Yet another reason I do not buy used helmets.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
Yet another reason I do not buy used helmets.

Professor Smack-Down
Picture of Protein anchor
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

----------------------------
Tony

Guns in my collection:

Awaiting next purchase

Posts: 4107 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Another disadvantage of a full face helmet is riding home from a ramp dinner belching up the damn stuff! Made that mistake a few years back at our "ramps and Rolaids ride".

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
Another disadvantage of a full face helmet is riding home from a ramp dinner belching up the damn stuff! Made that mistake a few years back at our "ramps and Rolaids ride".

Sorta like farting in a space suit, eh?