SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Gallbladder, how I hate thee.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gallbladder, how I hate thee. Login/Join 
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
Saw the surgeon yesterday.

He said that while he could quite easily dismiss me by saying that there is absolutely zero evidence that my gallbladder is at fault, my symptoms fit to a Tee. He told me my choices were pretty much what I expected: live with it, or remove it.

I didn't have any specifics available at the time to schedule it right then, so I opted to call in once I knew what's going on, so I've been waiting all day for them to call me back.

I look forward to putting this whole shitshow behind me.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Hope you get some relief soon. Chronic conditions can really be debilitating. Good Luck,

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
Well, it's scheduled. Now all I have to do between now and then is go through the gauntlet of testing they want done.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I just got home from the hospital a few hours ago . Surgery went swimmingly, though I'm 10 kinds of sore.

As it turns out, there were blood vessels wrapped around my bile duct, which gummed up the works and prevented it from draining completely. I'm pretty sure that's why every diagnostic test, from simple blood work to the MRI I had showed nothing.

I look forward to being able to eat my favorite foods again. (I wonder if this was the root cause of my lactose intolerance...)

posted Hide Post
quote:
As it turns out, there were blood vessels wrapped around my bile duct, which gummed up the works and prevented it from draining completely. I'm pretty sure that's why every diagnostic test, from simple blood work to the MRI I had showed nothing.

Good to hear thanks for the update. Sometimes the only way to tell for sure is to open you up so the surgeon can see what is going on. Shortly this will be a distant memory.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I've been through enough weird shit medically (extra muscles where there should be none that put pressure on nerves, impacted wisdom teeth popping up seemingly out of thin air, etc.) to believe that.

I have nothing but good things to say about the surgery team (well, those that I remember, anyway - I remember the nurse anesthetist putting a sedative of some sort in my IV before they wheeled me back, thinking "my teeth feel funky", then I woke up feeling like I did 600 sit-ups). Everyone I remember really seemed to care, both about what they were doing and about my wellbeing.