SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    grumble grumble...Amazon....grumble grumble...Update, all is well again
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

grumble grumble...Amazon....grumble grumble...Update, all is well again Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Have had nothing but higher prices and shit luck with Amazon Prime.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
A bit of a update if anyone is curious Smile

As previously mentioned, I was asked to put a order in last Thursday so support could track the order and hopefully figure out what is going on.

Order was placed, various screenshots taken and emailed and whatnot and now waiting for the order to be delivered. Ordered on standard two day shipping. With neighbors apartment number it was showing delivery on Saturday, my apartment, delivery for today Monday.

Just got a email from support...

"I'm writing you to let you know the problem has been identified, now we are looking at ways to fix it. As suspected the problem is on our end not yours, I'll update you once I know a fix is in place.

Thank you again for being super patient with this, you will hopefully hear back from me sooner rather than later."

Cool I guess, alltho I am kind of curious now as to what the issue actually was/is Cool

Hopefully this will finally be resolved. Smile

Posts: 482 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
We should all post our theories on what the issue will turn out to be.

I'm thinking an ex-girlfriend works at Amazon and put a delay in their system for your address.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
We should all post our theories on what the issue will turn out to be.

I'm thinking an ex-girlfriend works at Amazon and put a delay in their system for your address.

LOL Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 482 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Well....I believe this might finally be sorted Big Grin Big Grin

Email from Wednesday,

"I believe a temporary fix may have been put in place, though we are not sure if it's working. Tomorrow if you've the time, take a look and see if you're able to resume regular ordering, let me know what happens and I'll inform the team.

To clarify the long term fix will impact multiple customers, this is just to see if it works for your account.

Thank you"

Order place and I FINALLY have the Saturday delivery option back....YAY!!! lol Smile

Still need to wait till tomorrow afternoon or Saturday tho to test if the same day is working properly again, and to see if my order from today actually shows up Saturday Razz .

I am kinda debating if I should ask what the issue was. I am curious, and it might be handy to know if things ever go south again.

Anyway, cool and all Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Weekend delivery was a thing when I first became a Prime member. Then I let our membership lapse for a couple of years when I noticed that we weren't using Amazon all that much to justify the annual fee, before finally re-upping about four or five years ago when we became interested in Amazon's other services in addition to the usual online purchases.

One of the things that changed after returning was that there quite often was no more weekend deliveries offered, unless the item was ultimately delivered via USPS. Anything dropped off by UPS, FedEx, Ontrack, even Amazon themselves...weekday delivery only. I didn't pursue it because I had figured that it was just Amazon looking to cut costs. I didn't realize that long-standing members were grandfathered in and still had the service available to them. It's not that critical for me since the stuff we buy isn't time-sensitive and for security I usually have our orders shipped to work, or for the smaller items to a nearby Amazon Locker. They WILL deliver to the Locker on weekends, that I have noticed.

Good to hear that Amazon worked out your issue. Annoying that they allowed it to happen in the first place but at least they've moved to correct the situation. Now if they would only be so proactive and diligent in fixing their buggy Amazon Music streaming app. It's anything but 'unlimited' as they claim, and in Android it crashes way too often.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
It sounds to me like you ticked somebody off at Amazon and they specifically listed your apartment for no weekend deliveries. That is the only explanation I can come up with. Now I will day that I just placed an order to be delivered to a friend and somewhere in the process was a box to check for no weekend deliveries ... seems like that might have been what was done to you... possibly someone else sent you an item via Amazon and checked this and it then gets put in the system?

What I have learned of late is different, if I order on a Friday they will guarantee a Sunday delivery... so I don't do it. Why? because they hand the delivery over to the U.S. postal service and half the time that item scheduled for delivery on Sunday arrives the following Wednesday or Thursday.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Amazon deliveries work very well for me as long as they use UPS, FedEx, or the Post Office service.

The only times that I have had consistent delivery problems with Amazon deliveries is when they try to use a cheap incompetent service like
  • LaserShip or

• Amazon Logistics
I have had an account at The UPS Store for more than twenty years (it was called "Mail Boxes Etc." at firs, but then became "The UPS Store"). I use this to avoid porch pirates, or the slip stuck to the door telling me that I can pick it up in person at the carrier's hub.

UPS, FedEx, and the Postal carrier deliver large batches of packages to The UPS Store every day. It is routine for them and problem-free.

Neither LaserShip nor Amazon Logistics is a "professional" level service. They just do not get the deliveries correct on the first try. I have received email notices that they "could not find the address." IT'S THE FREAKIN' UPS STORE! That address probably receives more small packages every day than any other address in the city! I have received email notices that they tried to deliver but nobody was there. Sunday, you idiot. The hours are CLEARLY posted on the door. Or delivery was attempted after 8:00 pm. The UPS Store closes at 6:30 pm. The hours are CLEARLY posted on the door.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
So it seems that everything is back to "normal" finally. Big Grin

Same day shipping is working now as well. Yippie Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

soggy_spinout, I will agree on the "unlimited" music thing. On the rare occasions I get to use it, I seem to always find the stuff that requires extra money to listen to.

I had actually canceled my membership a couple times over the years because of the increase in price and lack of use, but with the addition of the same day delivery option here, and with most of my hobbies seeming to have no local options for supplies, I have found myself using it a lot more over the last several years. I do still try to buy most "normal" things locally tho.

Thankfully I have been pretty lucky here with shipping/deliveries. It is a fairly rare occasion their is ever a hiccup with things.But when their is it usually seems to be USPS lol. It's also kinda cool that I have the same UPS guy that we have at work. If I know I have something coming that day, I try to catch him at work and save him a stop. He is usually quite happy to oblige Smile

Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Just thought I would add a bit of a fun ending to this.

I got a surprise package from Amazon today with a note of sorts inside.

One of the items I was asked to order while testing things was a box of kitty litter that I had put in my order list for a example. After I ordered I got a email from the service guy stating that he kinda forgot to ask if I actually had a cat before he had me order it Big Grin

No worries of course as I do and the kitty litter was actually needed anyway.

Forward to day and the surprise package. A couple bags of cat treats and a kinda medium size bag of cat toys Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin Cool

Sam (the cat) was a bit confused at first as he usually only gets the empty box, but he figured out pretty quickly why their was still stuff in it when I gave it to him this time Smile

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Today marks the 3rd time in 10 days that Amazon Prime packages were delayed for no good reason. The mail carrier left one package from Amazon but didn’t bother to leave the other one. I contacted customer service with my complaint and here’s the honorable reply. Wink

“I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused regarding your recent orders. Certainly this is not what we expect our honorable customers to experience with.

I can understand how frustrating and annoying the situation can be, when something like this happens. But believe us as this was never our intention. Please allow me to help you in this case.

Following your comment, I completely understand that you're not happy with the carrier USPS that is use to be assigned for your orders. I can feel your temper in this matter as I'd also feel the same if I'd be on your side.

I see that they don't use to deliver your orders in your lane and make them delay to reach you. I do understand that the item is no bigger that it cannot be dropped off near the gate or porch. This is totally unprofessional behaviour and I'll going to make strict action on this part.

Please do not worry, we'll work on it with high priority to get it resolved at the earliest. I'm confident that you'll not face such issues in your future orders since we are here to make things easier for you and we will make things easier for you any how.

Also, we'll go ahead and de-prioritize USPS from among your shipping options.

De-prioritization means that the carrier will be placed at the bottom of the list of desired shippers every time you place your order. It will be the least chosen for your future deliveries.

Further regarding your order, I have immediately contacted the carrier team and instructed them to deliver your package at the earliest.

Now please be assured you'll surely receive your package tomorrow by the end of the day. If you don't receive it please let me know by replying to this email and I'll surely take immediate action in this matter.

Also, I'll take strict action on the carrier team for this unprofessional behaviour. I won't let you face any kind of inconvenience at all.

Please do not worry, we are constantly tracking the every step of the carrier they are taking towards the delivery. I'm confident that you'll receive your package within the time frame.

Your satisfaction is important to me and I'll take every measure to keep your trust on us.

I assure you that we are here to make things easier for you and we'll take every action to prevent you from bearing any loss.

I hope this helps! We look forward to seeing you soon.”

ETA:

I didn’t really believe the Amazon customer service person would do what he/she said, but maybe he/she did. I found the package on my porch when I got home from supper.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arfmel,

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post