SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    grumble grumble...Amazon....grumble grumble...Update, all is well again
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

grumble grumble...Amazon....grumble grumble...Update, all is well again Login/Join 
Picture of PakRatJR
posted
I have been a prime member for a LONG time. As a general thing, I have really no big complaints about them. I get the occasional head scratcher on their boxing/packing of things but otherwise really no issues.

I have had the option for many years now for same day delivery. Their is a huge amazon warehouse about a hour from me. It's GREAT!! $35 minimum order placed before noon and it's here that day. Placed after noon and it's here next day, seven days a week....it's awesome, I use the snot out of it. Cool Big Grin

Ya'alls remember a bit over a month ago that prime day thing when amazon broke right?? Well, ever since that "issue", my prime shipping options have been completely buggered. Basically as it is right now, I can still do same day/next day shipping but only FOUR and a half days a week. Monday through Thursday the same day works as it should. Friday comes around and as long as I can get a order in before noon, I can get delivery that day.

This is where the issue starts. Anything I order after noon Friday I can not get delivered until Monday. Also anything ordered on a Thursday even with the standard prime two day also will not get delivered until Monday. Essentially I am no longer able to get ANYTHING delivered to me on a weekend!!!! Mad Mad Mad

This has never been a issue in all the years I have had prime. I get stuff....used to....get stuff delivered seven days a week until a monthish ago after prime day.

Not just one specific item, I am saying ANYTHING I try to order. I have been calling customer service every weekend for the past month, including Thursday twice and again today, sometimes multiple times per day and even a few other times during the week, and no one can can figure out or has a clue what the hell is going on. NO ONE...no ideas, no thoughts NOTHING!!! clueless Mad Mad Mad Mad

And don't take this the wrong way but....every non english cs rep has been completely useless. Not a single one of them understood what I was trying to tell them. The couple of local reps I have gotten understood instantly what I was telling them. And you could tell that they were just as confused about things as I am. As everything on their end says I should not be having this issue.

I was on the phone with cs Thursday when I tried to put a order in. "Guaranteed delivery by Saturday if order in the next 5 hours". Went to check out and had NO delivery option except for Monday. She tried to "upgrade" the shipping on her end because they are usually able to do it no problem....and she couldn't change it on her end eather. She was completely stumped.

And the most annoying part is that it only seem to be my zip code. I have four or five different zip codes within a 10 minute drive of me in each direction, including my moms house.

I use her address and ALL normal shipping options are still available. I set up a order and send to her house, I can get it here today, change to my house and I'm not getting it until Monday.

My work is the same zip as me, talking to one of the girls in the office yesterday, she tried a order for a test. Her house is a different zip. All options available, but change to the shop zip, and shipping options go away. Same with our shipping guy. Lives in a different zip. Went click for click for a test order. He has ALL shipping option and I have none.

It is MY zip code only!!!!

And even more annoying yet!!!! Amazon just opened a nice big shiny new sorting center FIVE MINUTES from me. Right next door to my shop...literally, we damn near share a parking lot. Same zip code as me. All the news places stating more jobs and FASTER DELIVERIES per Amazon.

I now have LESS shipping options. I don't actually know when....or if... it "officially" opened but I did see a lot of cars going in to the place and leaving filled with boxes all day yesterday.

Seven day a week delivery and same day delivery is 98% of why I have prime. No one I have talked to over the past month has a clue what is going on or why it is happening. No Idea if it is a major glitch or a new permanent thing and Amazon just didn't feel it necessary to tell anyone that they are eliminating prime options. If this is permanent, I no longer really have a reason to continue paying for prime. Especially considering that my next renewal will be $120 a year.

I am half debating on stopping in at the sorting center after work one of these days to see if someone their would have a clue as to what the FUCK!!! is going on. Mad Mad Mad Mad

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PakRatJR,

Posts: 482 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Wow, that would definitely gripe me as well! I think you should stop into their sorting area, its the same zip code! They need to fix this, it’s a stupid glitch!
I’ve been a prime member for years, never had the luck for a close shipping center, but never had a problem with 2 day shipping either. Good luck!

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
An email addressed to Jeff@amazon.com will be routed to a team of genuine English-speaking problem solvers who have the "clout" to get things fixed.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
With the incompetence of my local Post Office, I certainly don't like their "SurePost" delivery. I supposedly got my new pair of Asics running shoes delivered to my front porch LAST Saturday. Have yet to see them... Mad

At least the lady at my Post Office was pleasant and is looking into it.

********** UPDATE **********
NEVER heard from the lady at the post office (no surprise there), so I wound up contacting the vendor and they referenced me back to Amazon, which PROMPTLY processed a credit on my card. Great service!!

I was glad to re-order the same tennis shoes and am wearing them as we speak.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: erj_pilot,

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Thanks Smile

I vaguely remember seeing the jeff@amazon somewhere before but completely forgot about it. Cool

I will hit up the sorting center Monday after work and see if I can get anywhere their. If not I will Definitely send a email to the "higher power" Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 482 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Stopped in to the sorting center today. Talked to the guy that is getting the place set up. Wasn't entirely a waste but he didn't really have much for specific reasons.

They have only been "officially" operational for two weeks. I think this will be the third week. He also did confirm they are delivering seven days a week from their. It was also mentioned that Amazon has been doing some major screwing around with their whole computer/shipping software/way things work shipping wise thing and it has been a major pain in the ass for him.

Maybe that is part of the problem....I don't know. He was also a tad surprised that CS hasen't been able to give me any answers.

I will give it one more weekend and see if things get worked out. If not, their will be a email to the higher ups. Smile

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
For weeks, going on months, this has been a problem for you. What will waiting another week gain you? Send the email to Bezos now and you might have an answer this week. Don't wait.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Thanks Paten. I am actually "formulating" the email right now. I was going to just basically copy and paist my post and send it but I kinda thought I should tweak slightly just to make it seem as it was directed specifically to them. I will most likely end up sending it tonight or tomorrow. I just want to make sure I have it...."right"??....I guess.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PakRatJR:
Thanks Paten. I am actually "formulating" the email right now. I was going to just basically copy and paist my post and send it but I kinda thought I should tweak slightly just to make it seem as it was directed specifically to them. I will most likely end up sending it tonight or tomorrow. I just want to make sure I have it...."right"??....I guess.
Keep it simple. Just give them the facts.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Double posted. Sorry.

Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Ok, email sent. I tried to keep it as "short and sweet" as I could, but it still ended up being pretty close to what I posted here. I guess now I just wait and see what happens Smile

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PakRatJR:
Ok, email sent. I tried to keep it as "short and sweet" as I could, but it still ended up being pretty close to what I posted here. I guess now I just wait and see what happens Smile

I predict you'll get a book on effective business communication on Saturday. Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:

I predict you'll get a book on effective business communication on Saturday. Razz

LOL, Quite possibly....at least it would let me know weekend deliveries were fixed Big Grin

Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Well, I got a reply Eek
I will need to wait until Thursday again before I can test things tho and maybe get some screen grabs just in case.

quote:
Hello Rick,

I'm Joshua Douglas of Amazon.com's Executive Customer Relations. Jeff Bezos received your email, and I'm responding on his behalf.

I'm sorry to hear that the available shipping options in your zip-code have changed in the past month. This does not appear to be intended, and I'm currently reaching out to our website teams for more information. Once I've been given a reason or solution for this problem you've encountered I'll be getting back to you. You can expect a response from me in the next 3-5 business days.

While I was reviewing your concern, I noticed the order for the chair attempted on the 16th. I wasn't able to find any other examples in the past month. If you've got any examples or screen grabs of any of these examples they would go a long way in being able to show exactly where the problem may lay. Please respond directly to this email with any examples or attachments you'd like to provide.

I look forward to finding an answer for your concerns, and wish you a wonderful rest of the week.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Best regards,
Joshua Douglas
Executive Customer Relations
Amazon.com

Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
my favorite thing is to call and bitch. I've gotten nearly a years free because of it. Why? Because I pointed out that two day means two days. USP runs 24/365. Like any other government office, its always open, you just gotta know where and who. So until they fixed my issue with shit not being two days, I'd call, bitch, and get a free month. After about the 10th call i never had another issue.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Best I got from this so far is a $25 "convenience" credit. Confused That was over two separate calls. Not complaining about that tho Smile

Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
A bit of a "plot twist"??? I guess here.

Playing around with things today as it is Thursday, the "problems start on" day.

Just for giggles, I switched my apartment number to one of my neighbors. I have done this in the past with no change in anything. But today things changed!

Different apartment number and ALL shipping options show up as they should Mad Eek

Put my apartment number back in and all options gone!!

So it now appears that it is my apartment only and not the zip code or even the main address WTF!!! Mad Mad Frown

I had been joking with people about this for most of the month sighting the soup Nazi from Seinfeld, "No soup for you!" Except Amazon...the shipping Nazi "No shipping for you!", mentioning that they are probably loosing money on me because of how often I order sometimes and how often I use the same day shipping. LOL I am actually kinda starting to wonder now Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

posted Hide Post
If customer service doesn't leave you "delighted," then they failed.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Well, so far "executive support" is a bit stumped as well. Last email I got on Friday I was asked to remove and re add my address to see if that would....reset??....things on their end as far as enabling weekend deliveries, as it seems on their end that it may not be set for some reason. I did actually try that a couple times already with no luck, but tried it again, and still no joy Confused Emailed back at let the guy know.

Got another email today. He wants me to wait until Thursday again and actually put a order through, weather shipping is correct or not, so they can watch the entire thing on their end and hopefully see what is happening. He also added a couple bucks to my account to use for the order so I wouldn't have to use my own money to try things, so that's kinda cool I guess Cool

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Full disclosure, I'm a stock holder and Prime member. No quick shipping for us as we are really remote.

It's awesome to see them responding to you and committing to fix it.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post