SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Normally, I'm an Amazon Fanboy - but lately...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Normally, I'm an Amazon Fanboy - but lately... Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
They're pissing me off.

I've ordered four motorcycle parts from them this month. Every damn one of them have been wrong.

Carb for KLX110 - Close, but mirror image, won't fit.

Sprockets for DRZ - Front and Rear. Front looked right, just a hair too big to fit splined output shaft. Rear not even close.

Oil Filters for DRZ - Not even close.

In every instance, the pictures were right, the description was right, listed fitment was right.

I guess I'm back to OEM and the dealer's glacial shipping times.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
Were the sellers the "Marketplace" or Amazon?

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I would also guess that wasn't Amazon actually selling those goods, but acting as middleman. I try to confine myself to ordering from Amazon itself.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Yep. And probably chinese knockoff stuff.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gear.Up:
Were the sellers the "Marketplace" or Amazon?
Yep, the big question.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
50/50.

Two (carb and oil filters) through Amazon by other sellers, both sprockets by "Amazon Services.com" which I assume is Amazon.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
50/50.

Two (carb and oil filters) through Amazon by other sellers, both sprockets by "Amazon Services.com" which I assume is Amazon.

Amazon Services is their subscription program to help sellers.
https://services.amazon.com/

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:

Amazon Services is their subscription program to help sellers.
https://services.amazon.com/

Ah. I'll have to watch for that too then. Thanks.

Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
A couple of months ago I bought a 3.5" pneumatic orbital sander (Dynabrade, just like the ones we had at work before they started shutting us down).

What I received was the 5" model. Same lineup, but 1.5" too big. Thanks, I already have one.

The facepalm moment was when I looked at the original box and saw that the Amazon inventory knucklehead put their internal inventory sticker (which said 3.5") mere millimeters away from where the manufacturer stated 5".

I sent it back for a replacement because right after I bought it (last one in stock), the price jumped from the very reasonable $55 they had it listed at to the SRP of $195 and I still needed one.

That pales in comparison to the experience with Amazon Logistics that drove me to rant, but it happened. I don't know what's going on over there but it's frustrating.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seattle resident and 20 year Amazon watcher here.

Do an experiment; Don't log in when you do your shopping. Just clear your cookies and do your searches without signing in.

Amazon adjusts prices based on your activities. The more you keep to yourself, the better it'll be for you. Check prices from work, Wi-Fi, etc.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I have Amazon Prime. They are getting to the point where they have 2 day shipping - once it ships. But they are taking days to ship. I'm not talking about the marketplace. But rather sold by Amazon or fulfilled by Amazon. I ordered a book a few weeks ago that was fulfilled by Amazon and got free 2 day shipping, but after 7 days it still had not shipped. I cancelled the order.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
maybe some of the other sorts of vendors outside the stealership network? like this...
https://www.kawasakipartshouse.com

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post