SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Follow up on threads
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Follow up on threads Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I actually saw a hummingbird at my feeder today , 1st time this year
woo hoo

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54624 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
We bought a Bosch. Wife loves it.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I'm still sittin' on the guest bathroom can screaming for somebody to bring some TP.

Y' happy now? By the way, if you see my family, ask them to do me a solid and... well, you know.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I ended up ignoring all the good advice and doing my own thing. It went horribly wrong and I'm too embarrassed to post about it.

I spent 4x as much as if I'd just followed any of the good advice I asked for.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no one has anything to say about my avatar situation, I am starting to wonder if anyone loves me

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54624 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Giving up on carry guns for now, trading the g43 for a full sized range and house gun. Big Grin

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I bought the Carhartt overalls and wear them about once each three months.

Also bought a Colt H-Bar before the election, $699. I have not shot it in any methodical fashion at distance. The barrel does diminish recoil. And bought the A4; it feels just right. I was going to post in LBJ's thread as #failedupwards.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
no one has anything to say about my avatar situation, I am starting to wonder if anyone loves me

I have been deeply worried and concerned. Unable to think of anything else. I got my socks today. I stayed late at work and they finally arrived. I will let you know how the Therlos brand serves me.

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
If you're curious on how an event in a thread turned out... Why not just post in it and ask?

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If I give automotive or other advice, I like to know if it was helpful. Even if it was not, knowing what, if anything, finally fixed the problem is helpful to me, as it goes in my archive (tapping head).

quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
If you're curious on how an event in a thread turned out... Why not just post in it and ask?

I've done this a couple of times and still got no answer.

Posts: 27935 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate when threads are started about an issue and a resolution is never posted.

I started this thread because sometimes asking for an update is ineffective. Not a big deal. The above post is from another Sigforum member who has experienced the same. I like to have resolution.

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Oh ya my asus hdmi laptop is crushing the video editing too. So far so good.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I made it and I loved it! Thanks!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5317 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought that gun that was recommended, about the time I got around to writing a range report, I found out a whole bunch of you all bought the same gun for $200 cheaper, I got frustrated, now hate the gun and make incoherently long, run on sentences using commas as I darn well please, thank you and have a nice day.

Posts: 881 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
If I give automotive or other advice, I like to know if it was helpful. Even if it was not, knowing what, if anything, finally fixed the problem is helpful to me, as it goes in my archive (tapping head).

quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

I've done this a couple of times and still got no answer.

I'm not sure if it is relevant, but all your "advice" has been on brake issues...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Thanks for all the followups. I am forever grateful and can now rest easy. I am however curious as to how the neighbor situations play out. They are the most entertaining by far. I now have closure on the others so thanks again.

I still haven't found my property marker. That doesn't make my neighbor any less of a douche. His drag harrow is still sitting 20-30' inside my property about to be swallowed wby tall grass.

I'm not giving up on the metal detector yet though. I've since narrowed it down by obtaining plat maps and finding out the proper measurements so now I can search a much smaller area of only a few square feet. That is assuming my new metal detector still works after leaving it in the back of my truck during a recent torrential storm.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I go in for surgery tomorrow.
I still don't know what optics/scopes to put on my new Ruger rifles.
I'm not into camo clothing, so I passed on the wool shirt.
I still haven't bought a new vacuum or refrigerator

Posts: 6303 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

I have been so sick with worry about it that I couldn't even bring myself to reopen the thread Wink.

Posts: 26899 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Try hard to avoid ill fitting shoes.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, in regards to this forum's Flat Stanley:

Just wanted to give an update on Sigforum's Flat Stanley adventures. I really enjoyed taking him on my travels, so thanks Tim for letting me do this for you and your son.

Flat Stanley went to 12 major places starting from Florida: San Diego, Washington DC,Istanbul Turkey, Nairobi Kenya, Naivasha/Great Rift Valley Kenya, Entebbe-Kampala Uganda, Dar es Salaam Tanzania, Mogadishu Somalia, London England, Trieste Italy and Ljubljana Slovenia.

Total miles traveled: 54,276!

Tim can share pics as he sees fit.

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post