SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Follow up on threads
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Follow up on threads Login/Join 
posted
I would like to see more followup on threads so that I know the outcome, and how things worked out or did not work out. I really appreciate it when that happens, as you have the satisfaction or good feeling when it comes to helping another solve a problem. I am also innately curious.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I doubt you're referring to me, but in order to sate your curiosity until someone else replies:

-- I started a thread asking about cigar humidors and liked the "tupperdor" concept. I bought a Rubbermaid container, boveda packs, and a hygrometer. I now have a nice little, easy to maintain humidor. If fact, I just got a mail order shipment of sticks to fill it with today!

-- I started a thread re travel insurance which was very helpful, but I ultimately opted not to purchase the insurance. I got both of my clients to OK the time off. If they "flip" on me and say they need me during that time, it's going to cost them. Razz

-- In my thread about Bruce Catton, I got some great feedback and communicated it to my wife. She thinks it's going to be a surprise, but I saw the credit card charge for the 3-vol set on Grant that she got me for my birthday.

Now you're all caught up on my doings! Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
- On the thread I started re Montana X-Treme gun cleaning products, there was no feedback.

- The (recent) dehumidifier thread had some suggestions and between those and various other research I did, I got a 70 pt. Frigidaire. Which reminds me, I need to check on the manufacture date to see if the new one is part of the recall.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I would like to see more followup on threads so that I know the outcome, and how things worked out or did not work out. I really appreciate it when that happens, as you have the satisfaction or good feeling when it comes to helping another solve a problem. I am also innately curious.

OK, I'll go first.

1. No.

2. I figured out how to make it fit.

3. Well, I probably should have.

4. Still not sure.

5. Thank you!

6. If you could see it in person, you would get it.

7. I am still waiting for it to be finished.

Hope that helps.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted May 16, 2017 08:29 PM Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

OK, I'll go first.

1. No.

2. I figured out how to make it fit.

3. Well, I probably should have.

4. Still not sure.

5. Thank you!

6. If you could see it in person, you would get it.

7. I am still waiting for it to be finished.

Thanks monkey. I will add the one I was hoping for which is I am sending you one thousand dollars since you helped me so much. OR

My medical condition worsened and I am no longer able to respond because I am in a coma.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
My finger has not fallen off from the spider bite, and bryan11 has not burned our house down yet.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the thread buying online,
I got my item on Monday so it took about week after I ordered it from Optics Planet and they did treat me right all the way around.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
In case you missed it, I posted some old pictures of Nazi Germany, I am not a Zionist but apparently many were exposed.

quote:

Yeah, you missed it by about 5-6 years

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
In case you missed it, I posted some old pictures of Nazi Germany, I am not a Zionist but apparently many were exposed.

Thanks for the helpful update. I had been curious as to why you had such a collection of photographs. It is very gratifying to receive updates on things that occurred years ago. My mother used to send similar updates as she got up in years.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Well since you were wondering. I took the leftovers from Mother's Day Dinner - Châteaubriand and I made filet Mignon steak and cheese.

Leftovers.

I started with an empty pan.

Then I added sliced tenderloin.

Then I added peppers and onions.

Then I toasted bread and extra sharp cheddar and American cheeses.

ETA I ate the whole thing, she only had half.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I sold the 9mm and am now trying to decide on the replacement: either .327 Federal or .357 magnum.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30547 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I am still buying whiskey.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I'm still a misanthropic curmudgeon.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
In reference to the thread I started asking for opinions: Thanks again .

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I feel like I should've Googled it instead of starting a thread Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
seems that wood bird house preservatives and their application needs to be addressed at an actual wood workers forum

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the followups. I am forever grateful and can now rest easy. I am however curious as to how the neighbor situations play out. They are the most entertaining by far. I now have closure on the others so thanks again.

posted Hide Post
My house still isn't finished.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I still can't believe it's not butter.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's always the "I Killed My Neighbor" show in ID channel. Every time I see one I bake brownies and run them next door.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post