SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    A New RAV4. No Increase In Payments!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A New RAV4. No Increase In Payments! Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
My wife bought a new RAV4 Hybrid Limited last year. She really likes it.

Last week I received an email from the sales manager at the Toyota dealer where she bought the vehicle.

He said that he would give her an excellent price for that car and put her in a new one with no increase in her payments.

I responded to the email, telling him thatI thought that was a terrific idea and I offered him a virtual (email) handshake to seal the deal.

I told him, truthfully, that the reason his offer was so good was that my wife had paid cash for her car, so her current payments are zero, as in zilch, nada, rien, bupkis, and trading into a brand new RAV4 for the same payment (zero), was an outstanding offer. I told him that we would like to do it this week.

Bastages never replied to me.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin I like the way you think.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I was offered the same deal on my Tacoma (2019) I told the dealer the same thing V-tail told his dealer... (mine is paid off too)

That damn dealer never responded either...

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
It's the thought that counts Big Grin

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Toyota salesman made me the same offer. I ended up selling him a gun. He shouldn't have called me at work! I was in "sales mode."

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am routinely offered wonderful, fabulous one-time-only trade in deals.... On vehicles I have not owned for years!
C'mon, everyone! Catch up already!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YooperSigs,

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16069 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I keep getting letters from a local FCA dealer offering me a chance to trade up with no increase in my monthly payments.

That's gonna be good, my Wrangler has been paid off for three years as of present. Think I'll take them up on that offer.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
We have a friend who bragged about her 8 year old Highlander being worth $32K. Because that's what the letter said.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
A girl from the Farmer's Insurance agency where I already buy my insurance cold-called me and said they can lower my car insurance from what I'm currently paying. I said "great, I already get it from you and how much are you lowering my rate?" Silence, stammer, and a very uncomfortable employee. They never did lower my rate.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
My wife bought a new RAV4 Hybrid Limited last year. She really likes it.

Last week I received an email from the sales manager at the Toyota dealer where she bought the vehicle.

He said that he would give her an excellent price for that car and put her in a new one with no increase in her payments.

I responded to the email, telling him thatI thought that was a terrific idea and I offered him a virtual (email) handshake to seal the deal.

I told him, truthfully, that the reason his offer was so good was that my wife had paid cash for her car, so her current payments are zero, as in zilch, nada, rien, bupkis, and trading into a brand new RAV4 for the same payment (zero), was an outstanding offer. I told him that we would like to do it this week.

Bastages never replied to me.
That's awesome.
I have a friend who doesn't get the longer term thing and he falls for this trick about every 2-3 years.

He tells me "why wouldn't I want a new car for the same price". You just can't help some people.

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I'm in! Mine are all paid for too. What's his number? Ha

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Keep your eye on the ball. Or don't lose sight of it. For you young guys in middle age maybe it doesn't matter. But one of the rules is to own at least one new or newish vehicle when you retire. And have it paid for.

That all fly's in the face of current marketing theory of not caring about the total price, only the payment. And no thought of the length of the payments. I'm not sure why I'm not even supposed to worry about payments. My SS is more than enough. But then I don't even drive these days. My wife and oldest son have convinced me to not drive. They said it'll relieve stress. But then they should ride with my wife if they want to experience stress. She's got no place to go and all day to get there. Frown Oh, and she drives a RAV4. I see why its the most hated vehicle on the road. Has nothing to do with the vehicle, its the drivers that scare the shit out of you.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Dealers can't be bothered with actually personalizing their spam.

A Mazda dealer sent me a letter... that said according to their records I hadn't had my car serviced and if I didn't make an appointment to do so ASAP I was in danger of voiding my warrantee.

Well I did buy a new Mazda a while back but...

1. Didn't buy the car from them.
2. How the hell would they know if it had been serviced or not?
3. The car is ALREADY out of warrantee!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
She's got no place to go and all day to get there. Oh, and she drives a RAV4.

I have been noticing that the RAV4 has become the choice of blue hairs around here, got stuck behind one in the passing lane all the way to work yesterday Mad

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I had my 2017 Tundra TRD serviced a couple of weeks ago. Shortly after I got home, someone from sales called making a pitch to buy it. Yesterday, I received a letter from Toyota saying they want to buy it whether or not I actually buy another vehicle from them, but of course offering a bunch of incentives if I do. I didn't give it any thought since I only owe a couple more payments on the truck and really like it, but this is the first time I recall any dealer contacting me to buy a vehicle.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Every time I go to the dealer where I get my oil changed (yea I know but they do buy on get one free) they walk around the service waiting area calling out names.
They are trying to talk people into trading in their old car for a new car. I never answer them and because no one answers they call the phone number on the account.
When they do, it is my wife's number. They teller they can either keep the payments the same or lower them. The first time they called she says great we have no payments. Then silence at their end.
We usually pay the cars we own off about a year after we buy them.
Now we usually just ignore the calls unless it is from our service advisor. His name comes up on my caller ID.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Your not suppose to take advantage of a car salesman, it does not work that way. Big Grin

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:
She's got no place to go and all day to get there. Oh, and she drives a RAV4.
I have been noticing that the RAV4 has become the choice of blue hairs around here, got stuck behind one in the passing lane all the way to work yesterday Mad
Clearly, you were not stuck behind my wife. Nobody gets stuck behind her. The hybrid is the fast RAV4, and my wife is not at all timid about driving it (when we rode BMW motorcycles, I had to work to keep up with her). She is not a blue hair.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Definitely was not referring to Mrs. V-Tail as a blue hair.

Merry Christmas Sir

posted Hide Post
Dealers know their customer base. Very few people buy automobiles, most just shop for payment plans. Salesmen don't ask how much a customer is wanting to spend, they ask what kind of payments they want.

With customers like that a dealer knows where to cast his baited hooks, right into the pool of prior suckers.

Deals can still be had, but only for the customer who remains in control of the transaction. About 3 years ago I purchased a new Nissan Titan extended cab 4X4 truck, 390HP V8, 7-speed automatic, AC, stereo, cruise, power windows and doors. Sticker price was $38,000. Dealer was offering $3000 off or 0.9% financing (not both). I walked in with my checkbook showing a balance sufficient to pay cash, 800 FICO score, and a pre-approval loan letter from my credit union. It took about 3 hours, but I drove out with the truck for $27,150. NADA average trade value for my trade-in was $6800, I got $7600 in trade. Credit union financing at 2.9%, 4 years at $488 per month. Dealer's 0.9% deal would have been 6 years at $598.

I also got my first 4 oil-filter changes (synthetic)and tire rotations for free, and a full tank (26 gallons) of gas.

Sent a little extra every month and put the loan behind me in 29 months. Truck is now 3 years old with 31,000 miles. I'm good to go for the next several years. Yes, that dealer sends me invitations to bring it back, pick up a new one, no increase in payments.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post