SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I'm a magnet for Tire trouble
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm a magnet for Tire trouble Login/Join 
posted
In the past six months, I've had two tires with tread separation issues that made me feel like I was driving a paint mixer, I've picked up 2 screws, and this morning this:

Tire by kdr, on Flickr

Yes, that is a razor blade in the side of my tire.

Posts: 728 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Haha. I like to tell people that I think there is a huge magnet in the center of my wife's Ford Explorer that just sucks all the metal on the road towards the wheels. I think we have had 2 tires replaced and 3 repaired due to road hazards in the last 30,000 miles or so. The first time she got one I noticed the tire was not keeping air so I called Discount Tire to have them take a look at it. While driving it over I started hearing a thumping sound from another tire. Turns out in the 5 miles from my house to their shop I ran over a huge bolt that lodged itself in another tire.

Thank God for Discount Tire and their warranty though. They have replaced the tires and repaired the rest for very little money on my end.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Move near me. I'd appreciate the business.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also,

I discovered about a year and a half ago that my spare was flat, so I pumped it up, but it wouldn't hold air for more than a few days. The tire shop determined that it was a bent rim, so I bought the cheapest one I could find to replace it. I found out today that the factory lug nuts are not compatible with the new spare rim. So now I also have to find some small diameter lug nuts for the spare.

Posts: 728 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stu1000rr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KDR:
In the past six months, I've had two tires with tread separation issues that made me feel like I was driving a paint mixer, I've picked up 2 screws, and this morning this:

Tire by kdr, on Flickr

Yes, that is a razor blade in the side of my tire.

Well on the bright side it's only flat on the bottom so it shouldn't be that big a deal Smile

Posts: 265 | Location: Southwest Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I knew it was time to replace my tires when one rear tire went flat and the next day the other rear tire went flat. I figured the universe was trying to tell me something.

This time, I made sure to get tires with a warranty attached.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
One of the local tire dealers has a jar of things they have taken out of flats they have repaired. There are screwdrivers, head bolts, even an open end wrench in there.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
I have the same problem. I got a new van for work in December. Front passenger tire has gone flat from picking up junk three times, replaced once.

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post