SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Car washes that don't reattach floor mats
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car washes that don't reattach floor mats Login/Join 
posted
Always check!! It happened today, but I knew enough to check. This was a costly wash, the kind I get only in the spring mainly to get the undercarriage cleaned off.

Honda CRVs have snaps for the rubber mats (BTW, the Honda mats are crap compared to Weathertech) and a few years ago a place in KC MO failed to secure the mats in my daughter's car. Somehow my foot pushed the mat forward to cause a runaway accelerator, amazingly I was smart enough to put it into neutral and then curse.

If your car wash/detailer removes your floor mats, check to ensure they're snapped back in!

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I’ll give you a +1 on this topic. They NEVER take the time to latch my 4-Runner mats down -

I always (ahead of time) tip the guys who do the initial vacuume and wipe down- seem to get a cleaner truck back that way.

Just kind of accepted the Mat thing. But now that you bring it up, I am going to talk to the manager when I stop there later this afternoon.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
In the 3 seasons I was our vehicles myself. In the winter when I go to the car wash, I make it a point to show the floor mats are fastened. So far they do a good job and don't take them out but they are not as clean as they could be. It is good enough though.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forget replacing them, on my wife's 2014 Mazda CX-5, they'd never be able to remove them. I had to jerry-rig a tool to do it with and I still end up cursing.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post