SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Cleaning dog urine from a rug
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cleaning dog urine from a rug Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
Pet stores have enzyme-based cleaners that are specifically formulated to address pet-stains.

Try to get as much of it out with paper towels, then spray on the enzyme cleaner.

These did very well when potty training my puppies. In fact, the lab had an issue up until about 2 years old (she was extremely submissive, which led to submissive "piddling").

Spray and soak the area, let it sit for a few moments, and then soak up with washcloths or towels. Then vaccuum or apply more if needed.

It did wonders and left no odors. It helped even more if you steamed or carpet cleaned the area later on after training was complete.

A whole bottle could be had at Walmart or the local pet store for a few bucks, but Walmart was cheaper. It was in a teal green bottle if i remember correctly.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guardianangel762:
I have a robot for this

Uses an enzyme based cleaner and suction.
A good quality enzyme-based cleaner used as a pre-treatment before normal cleaning will do the job.

Any member in the Orlando area is welcome to instant karma, any of my carpet cleaning products including my EnzyMatic. Just contact me to stop by and pick it up, no charge. Nope, won't ship it. Post Office prohibits household cleaners, I'm not sure whether UPS or FedEx treat it as HazMat, but it probably costs more to ship than you could buy it for, so my karma offer is for pick-up only.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30666 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Matrix "Bad Dog" urine stain remover by far has worked the best for us, have to order it thou.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post