SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ok, so tell me if I am out of line here...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ok, so tell me if I am out of line here... Login/Join 
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
1) No you are not out of line,
2) she did you a favor as my bet is if she did get your generous donation, she would have complained the items were:
a) worn,
b) broken,
c) wants them replaced.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
That's super irritating, but you probably dodged a bullet. She probably would have cut herself on a utensil while reaching into the box and then sued you for not affixing a warning label or something equally stupid.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Par for the course for their age group. Free ain’t good enough. To her, she is doing you a favor by taking your stuff for free so you should damn well meet her time demands.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is not fair to generalize to the entire group of millenials. The ones that I know are members of the blue collar work force, the military and others who have been raised by parents who have taught them appropriate social skills. The person you describe has some serious issues.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
You are not out of line. Consider it a blessing. Had she stayed friends, something worse may have happened.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
After years of having boxes of stuff people were going to "come right over to get", we now give friends until the end of the week Friday to come pick up free shit. Doesn't matter if it's Monday or Friday night.

Saturday morning it either goes to Goodwill, in recycling, or in the trash.

I really don't care which.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Screw your girlfriend's girlfriend (not literally).

You're definitely not out of line. I'm thinking they just want pure cash, not actual stuff that's useful.

I can understand if you're trying to give stuff to people who already has their stuff. But, as you said, they don't have this stuff. At least, they could have taken it and threw away what they didn't want or donate it.

We're in the process of extreme downsizing and we've given away or donated stuff. Out of all the items, I've sold only two items so far, just because I know no one really wants them but the ones that do, would be glad to pay a minimal price.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok, so tell me if I am out of line here...

I read and read again your post, and I looked and looked. I just couldn't find anything "out of line" from you. Am I missing something here? All I see is a crazy effing bitch that does not deserve your generous donation. Mad

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post