SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    TSA regulation regarding taking snacks on planes

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
TSA regulation regarding taking snacks on planes Login/Join 
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted
I am flying next week, I think my reservation seats me in the cattle car section.

My question is, I would like to take a small bag of mixed nuts on board in my carry on bag.

Wife says TSA will not allow it.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Given that I am flying cattle car rate, the airline is not likely to provide much in the way of sustenance.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My bride always carries snacks (nuts, crackers, etc) on the plane with her and there has never been an issue. And we usually fly on United, since they're our only choice for a direct flight to Denver from Midland.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Food is ok.

I travel with food allllll the time. I never buy food on the airplane and will bring on entire meals if I have to.

The only restriction to look out for is liquids--including dressings, apple sauce, pudding, etc. The 3.4 oz limit still applies.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You just need to conceal them on err in your person. I believe there's a prison term for this...

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
You really only have to worry about getting past security. Once through you can buy whatever and bring it on. The gate people don't check.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
As one of the resident corrections experts, I refer to the term, "kiester." It is a verb, and the method of concealment referred to.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Elk Hunter, if you post a thread in the wrong section, ask a staff member to move the thread. Do not start a new thread in a different section.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post