SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    DirecTv- NFL Sunday Ticket
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DirecTv- NFL Sunday Ticket Login/Join 
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted
I have had DIRECTV since 1999, and have been thinking of cutting the cord for months. Today I received notification that they added NFL Sunday ticket to the tune of $300 (44.99 + tax) over 6 payments. We did not authorize, or have we had any contact with DIRECTV or its agents. I haven't watched a pro football game in over 5 years, including Superbowl games. I will not spend a penny on those American hating pieces of crap. I hope you enjoyed your little sneaky scam DIRECTV. Adios mother f'rs, you can kiss it!

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
I have had DIRECTV since 1999, and have been thinking of cutting the cord for months. Today I received notification that they added NFL Sunday ticket to the tune of $300 (44.99 + tax) over 6 payments. We did not authorize, or have we had any contact with DIRECTV or its agents. I haven't watched a pro football game in over 5 years, including Superbowl games. I will not spend a penny on those American hating pieces of crap. I hope you enjoyed your little sneaky scam DIRECTV. Adios mother f'rs, you can kiss it!

Sounds like a good choice!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$300? How stupid can these people be? With more and more people bailing on Sat and cable, you would think they would strive to keep customers, not drive them away!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
They tried that crap with us as well.

If we had internet other than cellular or could reliably receive broadcast stations they would be gone completely.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6474 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They pull that shit on me each year with a "opt out by this date" scam. I told them to please mark my account that I do not EVER want sunday ticket

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They ripped me off in 2008 when they promised one rate and charged me another. As soon as the contract was up I immediately cancelled the service. I haven't had any form of pay TV since and don't miss it at all. I have a roof antenna and get about 50 free stations and that's more than enough for me. The money I save not paying for TV I can use for more tangible things like more firearms or ammo.

Posts: 1618 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the local stations (WTHR) is in contract dispute with Uverse. Been happening since the first of the month and I just chanced across it. From the comments, people are upset they are missing football. they have to make up revenue somewhere for the declining NFL ratings

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:

Sounds like the Wells Fargo scam.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I dropped Directv earlier this year because of their crap. I had the Sunday Ticket for free last year along with a steep discount to stay with them since my contract was up. 2 months into my 12 month discount the price jumped up. I called to get it back where it was supposed to be and was told that agreed upon rate could be raised if they took a rate hike. Screw that, dropped them on the spot and they won't see a dime of my money again.

Posts: 2336 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dropped directv when they merged with AT&T and ravaged our billing. One Saturday we ping-ponged between 10 different reps on the phone. Monkeys and footballs...

I'd been a customer for 15 years. I don't miss pay tv a bit.

Posts: 828 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
I cut the cord two years ago, and don't miss pay TV at all. An outside antenna is not an option, so the wife and I stream a few kids' programs for the grandsons and an occasional movie for ourselves. The cable and satellite companies can keep their pro sports prima donnas and constant barrage of annoying ads that come with their other programming.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
How the hell can they opt you IN to an extra program?

They must have had some sneaky lawyer BS buried down in your contract when you signed up, because that sounds like fraud if they did not.

I am just about ready to dump them completely but the wife and the daughters like tennis, soccer and the Olympics so I am kind of stuck.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Directv most likely has out sourced the marketing of the NFL Ticket to someone who has a bunch of part time employees who get paid by commission. So "Jeff Smith", who can't speak a word of English, has probably found a way to finance a new toy.

Otherwise I don't disagree with anything the OP said.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post