SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bought My Last Pair Of Skechers Shoes - Complete Chinese Garbage
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought My Last Pair Of Skechers Shoes - Complete Chinese Garbage Login/Join 
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
They're fine for kids shoes. They wear out fast cause they're cheaply made, but even then they still last long enough for the kid to outgrow them.

I have no idea why adults would wear them.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Never had much of a problem with Sketchers sneakers but I don't think I would use it for a dress shoe.
Still I am mostly a New Balance guy anyway.
But aren't almost all clothes/shoes made in China now days anyway?

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
I bought a nice pair of sketchers when they first came out. Lasted quite a while, I even hated throwing them away when I bought a second pair.

The second pair was made from shit leather and weren't comfortable either. Tossed 'em.

Never looked back.

Edmund Allens are way too expensive and they ended up giving me foot problems.

The leather 'coloring' faded on the toes of my Eccos after about 6 months. It was obvious it was a cheap-ass tanning/dyeing process.

I'm back to wearing boatshoes.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm looking for Ecco shoes at area shoe stores. Nothing in stock, order on line only. Plenty of cheap overpriced Chinese shoes in stock, tho.

WTF.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
...sneakers will be from New Balance from now on...

I strongly suggest that you buy them from a brick-and-mortar, not from an on-line source. NB's sizing is notorious for being inaccurate.

With no local stores carrying them here, I got them from various sources over the years and had my share of exchanges, but the final straw was earlier this year, a pair of 779s that were a good half-size small! Unfortunately, the place I bought them from demanded a 10% return fee, and couldn't tell me what would be the correct size to replace them with! I kept them as doorstops.

Several calls to NB got me no help. I still like the build quality of those I see, but traveling to a store that carries them won't happen until spring or summer.

By the way, I agree that Sketchers are not as good as they used to be, they're off my list.

Agree with your advice. My NB issues started about 5-6 years ago. Got some of the "cat piss" models. I thought I had stepped in gasoline at a fill up. Went online and found others with the the same smell issue. They gave me a $50 credit but I can only use it online. I just sent back the second pair that didn't fit.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I've bought my last several pairs of New Balance shoes from Amazon. I haven't had any sizing or quality issues yet so I think I'll keep using them for now.

New Balance Men's MX608v4 Training Shoe

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post