SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Playstation Vue commercials
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Playstation Vue commercials Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
At first I thought Fox News was repeating a lot of really bad commercials over and over. Then I realized it didn't matter what station I had on my PS Vue app, the commercials are the same. I think maybe Sony sells commercials to play when local ads are usually on the network. They have multiple ads with Smokey the Bear and "Only you can prevent..." These commercials always get cut off before the last 2 words.

But worse than all of it is the Megan Kelly commercial. "This feels entirely different, entirely different..." She must emphasize every last word in a phrase, "whether it's the actual SHOW, or meeting with my TEAM..." She is annoying as fuck. And they play this damn commercial no matter what channel I watch and they play it over and over and over.

Okay, rant off. Thanks for your time.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12423 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
My wife watches shows on Hulu, which is the same way. They show the same 2-3 commercial every commercial break.

Personally, if I'm paying extra for a premium streaming service, then I don't want to have to watch commercials at all. Amazon Prime, Netflix, HBO, etc. all manage to be commercial-free.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Personally, if I'm paying extra for a premium streaming service, then I don't want to have to watch commercials at all.

So Hulu does still show commercials for paid subscriptions? I've had people tell me there aren't commercials anymore. When Hulu first came out, they had commercials whether you streamed the free version or had a subscription. This is the only reason why I haven't bothered to use Hulu.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Since I’m using PS Vue to watch live tv I expect the commercials. This is regular broadcast television so either there is a commercial or a blank screen that says “commercial in progress”. I’m not sure which is worse.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12423 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post