SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Driving Fast in a Store Parking Lot
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Driving Fast in a Store Parking Lot Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
I come pretty close to actual hate for those who drive fast through a busy parking lot. Today, I returned a shopping cart to the cart rack, spun around on my heel, and just missed getting clipped by some jackass that must have been doing at least 25. Saturday, busy store, and this guy thinks...shit, he doesn’t think at all

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I believe the speed limit is 5mph in store lots. I learned that the hard way.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I agree. I once spit on a Mercedes as it went by because it almost clipped me. Gotta get that parking spot, dont cha know.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Gotta learn to be passive aggressive with the shopping carts.

Wheel the shopping cart as if you are as oblivious as the car.

nothing makes a nice car slow down like a shopping cart suddenly verging into his path. Trust me on this Wink Smile

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Then the counter - the stupid people who walk close to, around, and dart near moving vehicles in a parking lot - as if (1) the person driving the vehicle can see 360 degrees simultaneously at all times and (2) getting bumped / rolled over by a 3000# plus vic won't hurt.

Morons.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
There there are the ones that stroll down the center of the lane. They have no situational awareness of anything or anyone one around them.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or the ones who drive behind you, when your backup lights are on and you're halfway out of your space.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
All of the above, and then some more.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the meat market parking lot is adjacent to a car dealership,
when the mechanics test drive the cars , they zoom through the meat market lot ,
three or four times an hour.

Mad

one of these days , alice

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
Or the ones who drive behind you, when your backup lights are on and you're halfway out of your space.

This is a good peeve to post. "Hey, I've got somewhere to be and you're less important that me!" I'm finding myself wishing I'd bought a beater pick-up rather than a nice sedan. People tend to shy away from pick-ups and are less aggressive about forcing their way around you.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

As I was reading the first couple posts I was thinking this. I was at the grocery store yesterday and had 3 people do this to me...I’m 50% out of my spot and it was THAT important to get around me huh?

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Or those people who back out of their spaces without looking. Such important people they just have to get in front of everyone else. Razz

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I got T-boned in a parking lot by some dumb bitch who was cutting across spaces between cars. And then she tried to get away.
Turned out she had a suspended license, no insurance, and the VIN on her vehicle was "not valid". Amazing the cops actually showed up, luckily for me since it was on private property.

She didn't show up in court. Judge opined as to that maybe she "hadn't known her license was suspended". Neither the officer or I believed that, but whatcha gonna do?

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Hopefully, they suspended her life when they issued her arrest warrant and hauled her off to the clink.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
And people want to criticize me for always backing in or pulling through parking spots to be able to leave facing forward.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:

In PHX, yes, but here in Wickenburg just the opposite will drive you crazy:

person with right of way, stops, motions other driver to proceed

person without right of way, motions other driver to proceed

ad infinitum, meanwhile you are behind one of them.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I’ve decided that I will know all I need to know about a person based on how they drive through a parking lot or shopping center. There is no road behavior more revealing than how someone either observes accepted common courtesy or completely ignores it. I’ll go so far as to say that people who blast recklessly through parking areas need to have their driving privileges suspended until they figure it out.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can we add the dipshits that cut across the parking lot regardless of where the 'lanes' are and also do it at higher than safe speeds? I don't think your car will rack up that much additional wear and tear driving an extra 100ft and staying in the actual lanes.

Shawn

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1745 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Might as well add those who go the wrong way down the lane. Clearly marked, angled parking spaces facing the wrong way and yet they still throw up their hands like you are the one with the problem.

Then there's the people who pull crazy antics to avoid the speed bumps.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
here in Wickenburg just the opposite will drive you crazy:

person with right of way, stops, motions other driver to proceed

person without right of way, motions other driver to proceed

ad infinitum, meanwhile you are behind one of them.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewIse6lNjro

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post