SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Today's Installment of "How Stupid Can You Be?" UPDATE!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today's Installment of "How Stupid Can You Be?" UPDATE! Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
20 years old.

Part time job hanging by a thread.

Just found out girlfriend is pregnant.

God DAMN I wish it was physically possible to beat some sense into people.

Maybe this is the wake-up call needed to put down the game controller down AND GO LOOK FOR AN ACTUAL FUCKING JOB!

Probably not tho...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PHPaul,

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Far from being the first and far from being the last. It amazes me how some people can't grasp responsibility in their life.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
You mean to tell me a 20 year old is being young and dumb, making poor life decisions and racking up financial liabilities? Couldn't be... Wink

Sounds about right for a decent number of young people in general, regardless of generation, stretching back to time immemorial.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I know.

Probably the only reason that I wasn't in that situation at that age is the draft. I'd been on active duty for 2 years by that age. My stupidity was limited to booze and hookers.

I just hate to see two people fuck up their lives for the foreseeable future.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was 20 years old, we had a form of birth control called:

"Her Father and his brother will beat the shit out of you if you get his daughter pregnant and don't marry her".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
The story is they changed her BC prescription and "it" happened during the changeover.

I'm skeptible...(kid on cereal commercial...)

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
The story is they changed her BC prescription and "it" happened during the changeover.

I'm skeptible...(kid on cereal commercial...)

That's not impossible at all, in fact they warn you to use other forms of protection while switching birth control.

Of course people are stupid and it feels better without a rubber. You know what else feels better than a rubber? Not being a slave for 18 years to some fuck trophy because your pullout game was weak.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:

I place labor epidurals all of the time. I would say that roughly 10% of those young women delivering, should. The vast majority of them have no business whatsoever having a child to be responsible for when they can't even be responsible for themselves.

The really sad part isn't the parents to be, it's the kids. Most of them don't have chance.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

I place labor epidurals all of the time. I would say that roughly 10% of those young women delivering, should. The vast majority of them have no business whatsoever having a child to be responsible for when they can't even be responsible for themselves.

The really sad part isn't the parents to be, it's the kids. Most of them don't have chance.

Precisely. They're both 20 chronologically, but about 12 maturity-wise. No concept whatever of responsibility or money management.

Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Maybe it will be a good wake up call? I didnt really have a great job until the mrs had our only. Then she got a job and is finishing her degree. I was already working 40 hours a week though, so I may be a bad compare

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Hell, around here they do it intentionally. It beats having a job, I guess they figure. The more whelps they squeeze out, the bigger the government check.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear. His life just got exponentially harder and it doesn't sound like he's realized it yet. I have a couple friends that had kids before they were ready and its been a struggle to get their lives balanced out again. One still works two jobs.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Games are as bad as smoking weed.
The person becomes deflated remnants of themselves and their potential.
Cut the cord !

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
They can't keep a job, keep insurance on a car or drive safely, generally have issues with drugs, nicotine and/or alcohol, as well as a host of other responsibility issues...BUT they can all fucking breed!

Never ceases to amaze me.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I assume he's still living at home with a part time job?

Tell him to get the fuck out and grow the fuck up.

Or you can end up like my BIL, taking care of his "almost a College Football Star" son's spawn - who also did a great job flushing his opportunities down the toilet through poor decisions involving beer, weed, 4-wheelers, and pussy.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I assume he's still living at home with a part time job?

Tell him to get the fuck out and grow the fuck up.

...snip...

Not MY home, fortunately. Otherwise, that's exactly what would happen, and would have happened a year or more ago.

posted Hide Post
Well there is a bright side then. Wink

Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Social services will serve her and the child. He will latch on.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is us watching his life...

"Well, Bye!"

posted Hide Post
Hopefully this is not family?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post