SIGforum
Today's Installment of "How Stupid Can You Be?" UPDATE!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/2240047934

March 28, 2018, 11:31 AM
PHPaul
Today's Installment of "How Stupid Can You Be?" UPDATE!
20 years old.

Part time job hanging by a thread.

Just found out girlfriend is pregnant.

God DAMN I wish it was physically possible to beat some sense into people.

Maybe this is the wake-up call needed to put down the game controller down AND GO LOOK FOR AN ACTUAL FUCKING JOB!

Probably not tho...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PHPaul,

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
March 28, 2018, 11:46 AM
Jimbo54
Far from being the first and far from being the last. It amazes me how some people can't grasp responsibility in their life.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
March 28, 2018, 11:50 AM
RogueJSK
You mean to tell me a 20 year old is being young and dumb, making poor life decisions and racking up financial liabilities? Couldn't be... Wink

Sounds about right for a decent number of young people in general, regardless of generation, stretching back to time immemorial.
March 28, 2018, 11:53 AM
PHPaul
Yeah, I know.

Probably the only reason that I wasn't in that situation at that age is the draft. I'd been on active duty for 2 years by that age. My stupidity was limited to booze and hookers.

I just hate to see two people fuck up their lives for the foreseeable future.

March 28, 2018, 11:58 AM
GWbiker
When I was 20 years old, we had a form of birth control called:

"Her Father and his brother will beat the shit out of you if you get his daughter pregnant and don't marry her".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".
March 28, 2018, 12:06 PM
PHPaul
The story is they changed her BC prescription and "it" happened during the changeover.

I'm skeptible...(kid on cereal commercial...)

March 28, 2018, 12:14 PM
airsoft guy
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
The story is they changed her BC prescription and "it" happened during the changeover.

I'm skeptible...(kid on cereal commercial...)

That's not impossible at all, in fact they warn you to use other forms of protection while switching birth control.

Of course people are stupid and it feels better without a rubber. You know what else feels better than a rubber? Not being a slave for 18 years to some fuck trophy because your pullout game was weak.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.
March 28, 2018, 12:15 PM
Gustofer
quote:

I place labor epidurals all of the time. I would say that roughly 10% of those young women delivering, should. The vast majority of them have no business whatsoever having a child to be responsible for when they can't even be responsible for themselves.

The really sad part isn't the parents to be, it's the kids. Most of them don't have chance.

March 28, 2018, 12:24 PM
PHPaul
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

I place labor epidurals all of the time. I would say that roughly 10% of those young women delivering, should. The vast majority of them have no business whatsoever having a child to be responsible for when they can't even be responsible for themselves.

The really sad part isn't the parents to be, it's the kids. Most of them don't have chance.

Precisely. They're both 20 chronologically, but about 12 maturity-wise. No concept whatever of responsibility or money management.

March 28, 2018, 01:54 PM
fatmanspencer
Maybe it will be a good wake up call? I didnt really have a great job until the mrs had our only. Then she got a job and is finishing her degree. I was already working 40 hours a week though, so I may be a bad compare

Used guns deserve a home too
March 28, 2018, 07:02 PM
arfmel
Hell, around here they do it intentionally. It beats having a job, I guess they figure. The more whelps they squeeze out, the bigger the government check.
March 28, 2018, 08:15 PM
wolfe 21
Sorry to hear. His life just got exponentially harder and it doesn't sound like he's realized it yet. I have a couple friends that had kids before they were ready and its been a struggle to get their lives balanced out again. One still works two jobs.

A Perpetual Disappointment...
March 28, 2018, 08:54 PM
Haveme1or2
Games are as bad as smoking weed.
The person becomes deflated remnants of themselves and their potential.
Cut the cord !
March 29, 2018, 07:42 PM
FN in MT
They can't keep a job, keep insurance on a car or drive safely, generally have issues with drugs, nicotine and/or alcohol, as well as a host of other responsibility issues...BUT they can all fucking breed!

Never ceases to amaze me.
March 30, 2018, 05:51 PM
RHINOWSO
I assume he's still living at home with a part time job?

Tell him to get the fuck out and grow the fuck up.

Or you can end up like my BIL, taking care of his "almost a College Football Star" son's spawn - who also did a great job flushing his opportunities down the toilet through poor decisions involving beer, weed, 4-wheelers, and pussy.
March 30, 2018, 06:57 PM
PHPaul
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I assume he's still living at home with a part time job?

Tell him to get the fuck out and grow the fuck up.

...snip...

Not MY home, fortunately. Otherwise, that's exactly what would happen, and would have happened a year or more ago.

March 30, 2018, 07:51 PM
RHINOWSO
Well there is a bright side then. Wink
March 30, 2018, 09:30 PM
mr kablammo
Social services will serve her and the child. He will latch on.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.
March 30, 2018, 09:36 PM
RHINOWSO
This is us watching his life...

"Well, Bye!"
March 30, 2018, 10:38 PM
DSgrouse
Hopefully this is not family?