SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What happened to Photobucket?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What happened to Photobucket? Login/Join 
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
I gave up on Photobucket about ten years ago. They just kept crapping their application up, and it was counter-intuitive the way they were doing things.

I'm surprised anyone still uses it. When anyone posts a link to it, notice all the garbage it tries to load you up with, just to view the pic?

As soon as I realize its a PB link, I back out of it. Not worth it.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Photobucket may be back on track. Let's see:

Well, it worked once, then froze again. I managed to resize from 800 to 600 (as posted here) and didn't lose clarity this time, but when I tried to resize again, I just got the spinning wheel.

Damn!

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like yours is about 3-1/2 hours slow. Razz

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Postimage suggestion. I just switched over to it from PB.

I'be been on PB forever so I had a ton of stuff on there. I've deleted PB (sorry about messing up any threads).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Www.postimage.org

Easy to use, fast, will automatically resize on upload. Free not filled with ads, and you don't even need to setup an account. I can take a picture and have it posted in under a minute from cell phone.

Wow! That was easy to use and worked perfectly. Thanks Skins

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaMike:
wow it really is easy
posted these in less time than it then it use take me to upload one on tinypic

Wow. You're right!

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

That was easy

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, let's see if Postimage hates me:
320 pics
640 pics

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I'm hooked! Postimage it is!

It does not appear to allow photo storage like Photobucket does, though. So do I simply keep everything on my computer and drag it to PI each time I need to post a photo?

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

It does not appear to allow photo storage like Photobucket does, though. So do I simply keep everything on my computer and drag it to PI each time I need to post a photo?

You can set up an account I think. I have just never bothered to.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:

Try imgur, it also has a meme feature.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Floyd D. Barber,

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Test

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Why is it I never have any problems with Photobucket? Frown

I have to seriously second this.

Maybe several months ago, I had problems uploading pics. I just waited and kept trying.

Same here. I've not experienced much trouble with Photobucket so have not bothered to switch yet.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Why is it I never have any problems with Photobucket? Frown

I have to seriously second this.

Maybe several months ago, I had problems uploading pics. I just waited and kept trying.

Same here. I've not experienced much trouble with Photobucket so have not bothered to switch yet.

Try postimage if you're not using it for storage there's no bother because it requires no sign up and takes 20 seconds to upload, resize, and get link. Just try it once.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Testing postimage.org in 3...2....1......

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Rolan Kraps pointed me to some pics on Photobucket. Tried to go there with Safari on my iPad. It was torture. Gave up. Finally was able to view them, riddled with adverts, because they forced me to disable advert-blocking for their site before they let me see them, with Firefox on my desktop.

My take-away is Photobucket pretty much sux0rz.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Testing postimage, 1 2 3

Adios, Photobucket. You've tortured me long enough with your effing ads.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Does post image have app?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Skeptic
Picture of Mike the Texan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:
Wow! That was easy to use and worked perfectly. Thanks Skins

Could you use it to resize your avatar?

Posts: 220 | Location: Near a white sand beach. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Postimage is now saying file too large. I tried smaller and smaller sizes still no luck.
Ok never mind....there were 4 images that just won't work...others are ok.

Posts: 130 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post