SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What happened to Photobucket?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What happened to Photobucket? Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Postimage test...

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

It has been taken over by the CATS Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
SIGforum cat thread kicked the 'bucket.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
How do you delete your account with them?

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
postimage works great photbucket is all messed up after their last update.

Postimage works great! Thanks-

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Photobucket just sent me an ad, for food products.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullmann
posted Hide Post
postimage seems to work ok for pics, but wont let me upload avatar.

any advice?

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fullmann:
postimage seems to work ok for pics, but wont let me upload avatar.

any advice?

Check out my imgur avatar image.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Floyd D. Barber,

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Looks like PB will not allow you to download your videos. Mad

I had downloaded a bunch several days ago but realized I had missed some in another folder. I may have to call the FBI. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Photo posted through Imgur:

Same photo I had on Photofucket:

Posts: 4021 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
I closed my Photobucket account today. I went with Imgur.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post

Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Testing PostImage

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:
How do you delete your account with them?

It's not easy. I removed any pics I had yesterday and had to do a Google search on how to delete my account.

- Hover over the little "person" in the upper right corner
- Settings
- Account
- Delete account

Good luck. With all the freaking pop ups and trying to figure out where to click it took me about 15 minutes.

Good riddance to photobucket!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Just pulled off all my pics and deleted my account. F'em. Will look for a new site.

Posts: 9032 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Guys, need a little help. I got an account on Postimage and uploaded my avatar pic. To share it, which of the things do I use: link, direct link, thumbnail for forums, thumbnail for website, etc.... None seem to work when I copy them into my profile to update my avatar. Thanks.

Sigforum keeps telling me this: "The provided avatar URL does not appear to be accessible."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 229DAK,

Posts: 9032 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted Hide Post
Pardon me for the uninformed question, but if I can see my Photobucket images (both avatar and those in various threads) on this site, does that mean others can as well? Or can I see them because I'm not "third party."

Sorry, I am not a digital native and am barely literate in things computer.

________
Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 1080 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
If you can see them, anyone can see them, the "third party" is the place where you put the link back to your images on Photobucket.

"Third site" means the photos are linked on one site, but hosted on Photobucket, so when you see the image, (as on this forum) the image is not on SIGforum server, but on Photobucket's server and the image when viewed is being "delievered" from Photobucket's server.

The reason some people's images on Photobucket are still being serverd/seen on places they have linked them, is because Photobucket has not gotten to everyone's accounts and made the changes. Photobucket has grown over the years and the image libraries are on multiple servers and drive spaces, so it takes time to reconfigure the accounts.

It is just a matter of time.

Photobucket sort of "CNN'd" themselves.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holger Danske:
Pardon me for the uninformed question, but if I can see my Photobucket images (both avatar and those in various threads) on this site, does that mean others can as well? Or can I see them because I'm not "third party."

They sent me an e-mail yesterday and then all my images here on SigForum went dark.

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Deleted my 10 year old account today. Told them exactly why in their request for a Why.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post