SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What happened to Photobucket?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What happened to Photobucket? Login/Join 
posted
Ok so I've used Photobucket for years to host photos. Last couple using the app. Then..wtf? Last update now I can't figure out how to use it. Wonder if this is on purpose. I dont normally have a temper but about lost it trying to figure it out.

Posts: 130 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
It went to complete shit a few years ago. There have been multiple threads on the topic and if you do a google search for PB alternatives, you'll find plenty of reading material.

Bottom line... it's not just you. You're just late to the party.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Www.postimage.org

Easy to use, fast, will automatically resize on upload. Free not filled with ads, and you don't even need to setup an account. I can take a picture and have it posted in under a minute from cell phone.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
Photobucket went to shit when they started trying to sell things like prints and such. The final straw for me was getting rid of the page organization system in favor of the single endlessly scrolling page a la Google Images. I used to share a lot of pictures, so I had quite a few things in my PB account. Scrolling down to find an old photo was a nightmare.

I'm quite happy with imgur now.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
It's a garbage site now (yes, I know it's free) with all the crap ads. It crashes my browser every time I try to use it. I use PostImage now.

https://postimage.io/

Haven't used it much, but it's better than photobucket (which is useless to me).

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anybody have a way to transfer pictures from PB to postimage?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Does anybody have a way to transfer pictures from PB to postimage?

I think the best option would be to have them stored on a hard drive or something.

If PB is your ONLY repository of the photos, then I guess keep trying and hope you get lucky?

Or, try Chrome or another kind of browser (maybe it just hates Internet Explorer?). . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you see me now?

(Deleted uselessly Yuuge picture)

Photobucket won't allow me to resize the pic, and I accessed it through Chrome. I guess PB is still too messed up to use, so I'll have to pick a new one and try transferring my pics.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: newtoSig765,

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
I have never been able to use it. That is why I do not post pics. here.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Why is it I never have any problems with Photobucket? Frown

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
its 10 bucks a year for ad-free use, not a terrible deal if you ask me.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
postimage works great photbucket is all messed up after their last update.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow postimage worked like a champ. Wish i had known about this long ago. Thanks guys!

Posts: 130 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Why is it I never have any problems with Photobucket? Frown

I have to seriously second this.

Maybe several months ago, I had problems uploading pics. I just waited and kept trying.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
wow it really is easy
posted these in less time than it then it use take me to upload one on tinypic

Posts: 1596 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
It's a garbage site now (yes, I know it's free) with all the crap ads. It crashes my browser every time I try to use it. I use PostImage now.

https://postimage.io/

Haven't used it much, but it's better than photobucket (which is useless to me).

Thanks, that was quick.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
For me free Photobucket works much better using Chrome and AdBlock. Without AdBlock it is a huge mess.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Photobucket may be back on track. Let's see:

Well, it worked once, then froze again. I managed to resize from 800 to 600 (as posted here) and didn't lose clarity this time, but when I tried to resize again, I just got the spinning wheel.

Damn!

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
I can log in, but can't get to my labrary past the first page.

Post image is working fine.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post