SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    First...whatever
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First...whatever Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
What is it with liberals and their quest for the first of whatever.

First black president.
First muslim congressman.
First gay Indian congressman.
First pregnant woman in the Senate.
First woman this or that.
First bow-legged pigeon-toed midget juggler in a state legislature.

I'm really tired of this. This is why we want to elect people? So they can be the first...whatever? Doesn't matter the qualifications, just be "the first".

There aren't enough of these: Roll Eyes

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
They have nothing else to crow about, other than unicorns and rainbow farts about free shit for all and quadrupling taxes to pay for it all.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Hopefully they’re the first ones to concede come November, too.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Considering most of the events in the USAlympics have occurred over nearly 250 years, their "firsts" are them just coming in last, long after most of the fans have left the event...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I've struggled this evening to think of any time a conservative has either claimed to be, aspired to be, or been lauded being, "the first" anything.

It is an obsession with the commies. Is it an obsession with "identity"? Is it narcissism? What is the issue here? Why is it so important to be the first tranny Mayor with a wooden leg to be elected in a small town in a red state?

Yeah, I know, trying to understand the mind of the mentally ill is diving down a never-ending rabbit hole, but still....

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
No true accomplishments that provide actual value to society. So the constant "false" claims of being
"first" is an illusion and a "billboard" (distraction) that is used to direct the focus away from real/actual accomplishments, that on the surface, are rather "boring", but in the long term, are the strong roots and base that the future is built upon.

They are jealous and it drives them to "steal" or "destroy" the results of selfless others, that give and produce without looking for recognition.

Sad, pathetic and small minded.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think the Libs are winning with this "First" crap.

Some black woman, maybe Beyoncé, was featured in a fashion magazine, and the TV news story said she specified that the photography had to be done by some black dude. According to the article it was the first time a black dude had done this, and I asked the TV screen if they meant it took this long for a black dude to figure out how to take pictures?

The argument is meaningless when the response is sarcasm.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
In the lefts quest to be diverse and inclusive they are quickly making themselves homologous and synonymous with losers!! IMO of course.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2006 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Because it's the Current Year.

It's just some low hanging fruit, and win or lose the race, they still have it. The lesbian Eskimo with the clubfoot got elected to dog catcher! Hooray! We're so progressive! The lesbian Eskimo with the clubfoot lost? Boo! Racisms! Sexisms! Ableists! Literal Nazis! Lets get some hashtags going!

Thinking people see it as not a real accomplishment, just an interesting factoid, maybe even cool in it's own way, but again, that's not why we should vote for someone, or buy their books or music or movies or whatever.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I turn 30 this year, and honestly, the "first" thing was shoved down my generation's throats in schools.
"She could be the first female (or black) (or both) president"
"she was the first woman in space"
"He was the first person on the moon."

All the accomplishments in history were great big "firsts."

Kind of ironic that the "first" race came at the same time everyone got participation ribbons and goodie bags from the other kid's birthday party.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

I immediately thought of the “first teacher in space” crap. OK, you have zero legitimate purpose for being there except as a publicity stunt. Now you’re dead.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Those 'firsts' are just milestones along their road to the destination:

the 'last' Judeo-Christian, white Anglo-Saxon, Liberty-loving male.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

We need a first Sheriff in the Senate. Joe Arpaio is running this year for a Republican seat from AZ. While I did not agree with some of his policies while he was Shefiff (especially intimidating his critics with his "hit squad", which was not widely reported). But I think he will make a fine addition to the Senate as a solid Conservative vote to bolster the Republican majority. Both of the current Senators from AZ are flakes. Smile

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
"First" is a token of tokenism. They'd be the first (pardon my pun) to rail against token this, or token that, but here they've embraced it as if it means something more than just being a token.

Do something meaningful with your life.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

We need a first Sheriff in the Senate. Joe Arpaio is running this year for a Republican seat from AZ. While I did not agree with some of his policies while he was Shefiff (especially intimidating his critics with his "hit squad", which was not widely reported). But I think he will make a fine addition to the Senate as a solid Conservative vote to bolster the Republican majority. Both of the current Senators from AZ are flakes. Smile

Sadly, he is un-electable. McSally or we're getting Sinema.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
Sadly, he is un-electable. McSally or we're getting Sinema.

Yeah, I just saw the results of the primary, and it looks like Joe is out. Please, not Sinema. Frown

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ooo Sinema the first openly bisexual whatever.... it sucks arpaio isn’t an option... he had his flaws, but I think he did a good job as sheriff forever.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I guess Bill Clinton claimed to be the first black president??

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I was “first” in my family to graduate college. Coming from where I did, yeah proud of being first. I’ll be the first with a MBA as well.

As far as libs, I can’t wait for the first one getting offended to get smacked in the face!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I was “first” in my family to graduate college. Coming from where I did, yeah proud of being first. I’ll be the first with a MBA as well.

As far as libs, I can’t wait for the first one getting offended to get smacked in the face!

Your post is the example of a meaningful "first" as seen at the bottom of my post above. This, to me, is the original noteworthy first, and not what I called out.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post