SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Buying a car with crappy tires
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buying a car with crappy tires Login/Join 
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
The Bridgestones that came on my last 4Runner were crap.

I wore out a set of lackluster OEM tires with a Tacoma before replacing them. When I sold it and got a 4Runner I put BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 straight off & sold the ones it came with on Craigslist to a guy who met me at the installer, gave me $200 and we both drove off happy.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I like to research for when the OEM tires are due, for better quality.

I just got some Michelins for our CR-V at 33k. Next is our Silverado, have them picked out already too. Original tires are usually in the just O.K. dept.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you have a local discount tire? they usually run sales/rebates.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me this is just one more reason I will never waste money on a new car that may need an additional $1000 right off the bat and still drop 50% of its value in the first few years. Tires are a major negotiating point when I buy a good used vehicle. That being said my Dad bought a new truck about 12 years ago and the salesman sealed the deal by switching a set of Michelin’s onto the truck he was buying.

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
I have made a tire/wheel swap a condition on taking delivery on a car from a dealer. If you've already signed the papers you are probably out of luck, but they can't shoot you for asking. (way back I used to race SCCA and moderate the tire and wheel forum on a popular sportscar website, I am a bit... particular... about tires))

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post