SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    fools are at it again with hoarding of TP
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

fools are at it again with hoarding of TP Login/Join 
Picture of az4783054
posted
We thought we wouldn't see this trend again until the zombies came up from the valley. It's worse, the democrats are coming here, voting and bringing the threat of closing down the country for three more months!

The costco shelves are almost barren of TP and paper towels...AGAIN! We have one costco to serve all of northern AZ, two of the largest counties in this state with a combined population of about 385,000 people. The costco rep said their new store policy is to stock up the stores closest to their 'distribution centers' with the better paper products and the rest receive their cheap kirkland brands.

I hope joe runs out of adult diapers...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: az4783054,

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
AZ, I am not sure how to respond. I guess there could be 'some' Democrats moving to Arizona but WHY would they?? They get everything FREE in Kalifornia. Education, schooling, welfare benefits, etc. And myself and others stuck (temporarily) in Kali are paying for them. What reason would Democrats have to go to Arizona and start over again?

People are leaving Kali in droves to get away from this Democratic bullshit. Did the whole Country turn Democrat since Sleepy Joe won the Presidency? I think not. Some of the election winners are confusing, Kelly? an anti-gunner in a gun free state? how did that happen.

I don't have statistics but people are leaving Kali to get away from shit. Those that have or want the shit are not leaving. Why would they?

Our Costco has been out of TP and Towels for weeks! I believe it is the media promoting the coming riots after the election that has caused hoarding again. crickets...crickets..still waiting for the riots which never materialized! Too much media.

So, next year I will be a proud REPUBLICAN who will see you in Preskit Smile

P.S., I will bring you some TP!!

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1368 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Paper goods come straight from the vendor, same as bottled water, soda, dog food, and others. It started when rumors of European lockdowns first hit.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah. We buy as needed and the Commie pricks that are hording it are leaving us in a predicament. We are running low and none in Costco for the past couple weeks now. So help me God if I have to use my socks...

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stores around here are well stocked .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Like ammo, we now keep a reserve pack of paper products on hand. Anymore its turning into good practice if you have the room.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flagstaff has a Sam’s Club. I heard they were limiting customers to one case per sale. I don’t go there, too much like WalMart.

Posts: 879 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Walmart (wallyworld) doesn't offer a frequent flyer card, but they should. If so, my wife would get a gold card. She's heard of the pandamic, she's a nurse. Doesn't matter, she does her daily running and WW is prime on the list. Tomorrow will be an early stop. Along with Krogers. Every damn'd monday no less.

Guess she can enjoy it the way she wants. I'm sleeping in. Doesn't matter, if she gets covid, so will I. She'll just have more fun getting it.

But back to basics. If you walked into a wally world and they had cases of 22s on the shelf, you'd buy in big. Until you have a few cases of TP or Bounty you should do the same. I'm not suggesting you buy at high prices or a lifetime supply. But enough you won't suffer.

With the idiots they seem to have elected, you can expect prices to start rising. If you can afford it, buy some supplies. Not getting cheaper and your savings account isn't paying anything. You don't need paper towels, cloth will work. You might not need TP, but no one will want to be around you. Frown

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Install a bidet.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
AZ, I’m guessing you shop at the same Costco I shop at, Prescott. I was there last weekend and we were getting low on paper towels and good TP.
So I got a case of each. (I have half a case of Kirkland TP, but Charming is preferred).

I got lucky. I hadn’t planned this, but seeing that shelves are getting wiped out again nation wide, I’m glad we did.

As far as the Kalifornians invading our state, it really is happening. They bought a home in Kali thirty or forty years ago. They have paid it off, and bought it for $50k. They’re wanting to retire somewhere it doesn’t get too cold, is dry, and easy on the lungs and arthritis.

So they list their house, and sell it for a million dollars. Move here, buy a half a million home that is quite nice, and spend the other half a million golfing, and trying to adopt the same shitty laws and policies that they had in Kali.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Under the obama era, the area lost Sam's Club and two major grocery stores. That left the remaining grocery stores overwhelmed. The local economy was doing very well under President Trump, then the ccp crud hit which has had a serious effect on our mountain communities in spite of the fact that we've had relatively low % of crud cases and deaths. But now they're reporting a "surge". Seems to coincidental with the election, doesn't it.

We're not opposed to people moving to AZ from oppressive east coast and west coast states because of government, crime, taxes, weather, etc. We applaud them for making the decision. So become Arizonans! We live in a nice rural county development of six and seven figure homes. Most are selling to new residents with cash. When we introduce ourselves to many complain about AZ compared to BFE where they came from. Their politics are still primarily liberal. It makes my wife cringe when I tell them to leave if they don't like it.

We're natives of AZ. We've seen it go from Barry Goldwater red, to obama purple and now (potentially) biden blue. The majority of voters in Yavapai County voted for President Trump. 15,000 people crammed into our little airport to see his recent rally. Unfortunately, Maricopa and Pima counties will determine the future of AZ. There are approx. 70,000 votes from around the state yet to be counted. We'll see.

For the first time in our lives, we're talking about moving out of AZ.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
TP hoarding chaps my ass.....

Then again wifes got two cases here, think I'm going to order some ass washing things to bolt on to the Kohlers, cut that paper need down big time...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Ideally, hoarding never happens...

But, by this point, it should be clear that hoarding and shortages are not an uncommon occurrence.

I think the appropriate response is to adapt and overcome?

We stack deep anything that we consume on a regular basis that doesn't have an expiration date.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Publix has unobtainium! Non-stick Reynolds Wrap in stock now! I only bought one; left several for you guys. Also picked up a 6-pack of Charmin.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
I heard a blip on the radio news today that Kroger announced it is limiting purchases of TP, paper towels, wipes, etc. I guess that makes it official, the hoarding is back on.

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 867 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Under the obama era, the area lost Sam's Club and two major grocery stores. That left the remaining grocery stores overwhelmed. The local economy was doing very well under President Trump, then the ccp crud hit which has had a serious effect on our mountain communities in spite of the fact that we've had relatively low % of crud cases and deaths. But now they're reporting a "surge". Seems to coincidental with the election, doesn't it.

We're not opposed to people moving to AZ from oppressive east coast and west coast states because of government, crime, taxes, weather, etc. We applaud them for making the decision. So become Arizonans! We live in a nice rural county development of six and seven figure homes. Most are selling to new residents with cash. When we introduce ourselves to many complain about AZ compared to BFE where they came from. Their politics are still primarily liberal. It makes my wife cringe when I tell them to leave if they don't like it.

We're natives of AZ. We've seen it go from Barry Goldwater red, to obama purple and now (potentially) biden blue. The majority of voters in Yavapai County voted for President Trump. 15,000 people crammed into our little airport to see his recent rally. Unfortunately, Maricopa and Pima counties will determine the future of AZ. There are approx. 70,000 votes from around the state yet to be counted. We'll see.

For the first time in our lives, we're talking about moving out of AZ.

Visited AZ/ Flagstaff many years ago, thought it was a awesome city. But wondering is the current liberal influx in northern, ? Or southern AZ ? Or state wide?

I live in rural Va, not many if any liberal transplants in my area, Va's worse problem is NoVa, Va Beach, Ricmond.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No. If you don't have 3-4 weeks of all necessities backed up in reserve you haven't been paying attention.

You should have a cushion of 2 weeks in normal times in case of natural disasters.

How many threads have we had declaring a need to stock up and prepare?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
No. If you don't have 3-4 weeks of all necessities backed up in reserve you haven't been paying attention.

You should have a cushion of 2 weeks in normal times in case of natural disasters.

How many threads have we had declaring a need to stock up and prepare?

Yeah, I don't mean to sound flippant, but you should have seen this coming.

I made it a point to stock up right before the election, expecting a Trump landslide, the election being considered a 'done deal' (whether or not buyden conceded or not) by Wednesday morning, and the inevitable leftist riots taking place.

We have several months of dog food, toilet paper, and paper towels, and I made sure to buy a butt-load of Ravioli and Ramen soup for 'just in case.'

Now, we aren't "hoarding," in that we didn't buy 30 cases of TP, but we have enough to last ourselves to April or so without buying more.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
[ Big Grin QUOTE]Originally posted by petr:
Yeah. We buy as needed and the Commie pricks that are hording it are leaving us in a predicament. We are running low and none in Costco for the past couple weeks now. So help me God if I have to use my socks...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but your socks are recyclable! Big Grin

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took a trip to Costco this evening. JACKPOT!!!! Limit of one pack per member per day, so I caught my limit. They had four pallets there. My wife may make a trip tomorrow, but I don't think there will be any left. My socks are safe for now.

Elk, while socks are recyclable and mine don't have holes in them...that's a whole other dilemma, my feet would get cold. At least they are crew length. Imagine someone with anklets!! Poor S.O.B. in that situation!

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post