SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    No longer supported hardware
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No longer supported hardware Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Grrrrrrr.
Had to order a new Roku today. Well a refurbished Premier Plus to save a little bit of coin.
Roku has stopped supporting their LT model. A couple apps have been updated but are not available to the LT.
Netflix is one which is not a huge deal it is just the really old user interface and does not automatically play the next episode in the series.
But a couple of the kids apps will no longer function at all. I checked with Roku and they won’t give any sort of assistance with the LT.
Bummer because it still works for most apps but we don’t really use it much but when we do it is mostly for the kiddos and their stuff does not work.

I have a Roku3 that still works and seems to take the updates. Hoping they don’t send that the way of the Dodo here soon.
I have an Original Roku to they did the same to me a few years back which is why I got the LT.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's why I no longer have Sirius radio. I had the Stilleto model receiver, cost nearly 400 bucks. 15 months later they changed the model, would no longer support the Stilleto. A new one cost, surprise, nearly 400 bucks.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another business practice I find annoying, and profit driven. Sadly the public seems to have accepted the situation pays up and moves on.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post