SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Motorcycle Insurance.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Motorcycle Insurance. Login/Join 
posted
In past years I lived in apartments and my motorcycle was parked nearby in an open car port. Naturally, that was an invite by local vandals to inflict damage....which they did. Three motorcycles damaged or items stolen. I filed insurance claims and was paid. Life was OK.

Now...I have a house with a two car garage and my bike is parked safe and secure inside and my insurance rate should be lower, right.

Nooooooo. I'm in a different city Zip Code and my rates are higher because of that.

Noooooo, the security of the motorcycle in the garage doesn't matter.

It's the Zip Code.

Grrrrrrr.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Zip code in a state with way to many motorcycle collisions because of stupid cage drivers. And you can bet that insurance companies take notice of states w/o helmet requirements.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Question: Who is your insurance carrier?
I have Dairyland. Been decent so far.
2020 BMW F850 GS full coverage with $250 deductible = $37 a month.
And that includes a lot of Michigan No Fault BS.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Try owning a GSXR in Hawaii.

Harley Davidson is $260 a year.

Suzuki GSXR is $1600 a year.

Guess what thrives favorite model is.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6252 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
I live in 85331. I had Progressive for a while. When I upgraded my BMW K1200R to an S1000R, my premium quadrupled. Never a claim or ticket. I went to Geico the next day and got back to the old premium from them.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Geico has been the best deal for me, the others much higher. Pays to shop around, different experiences in an area, desire to increase coverage revenue, vs a company wanting to limit exposure, all kinds of reasons...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Last year, Amica was not selling motorcycle insurance in Texas so I had Progressive.

This year, Amica must have changed their mind because it was an option. Amica was a little less money so I switched.

I've had Amica for home and auto since I moved back to Texas in 2016. They're A+ rated by AMBest and are highly rated by Consumer Reports (#3 Auto and #1 Homeowners).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
How much is it GW?

Like Yooper I'm with Dairyland and they do ask if the bikes are kept in a secure garage. I just checked and I'm paying $988 per year for full coverage, but that's on 8 motorcycles, all but one 2015 or newer. When I recently traded my 2017 Honda VFR1200X on a 2019 KTM 1090 Adventure R the premium actually went down $70 which was a surprise.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
How much is it GW?

Just under $600 a year. No underinsured/noninsured coverage.

State Farm. Hey, someone's got to pay for those TV ads and that beautiful pro football stadium in Phoenix.

Motorcycle coverage is due for renewal in December and I may go back to Dairyland.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
$600 for one bike does seem high. AND it’s w/o un and under insured coverage (which I’d not want to be without). Not sure Dairyland (being based out of NJ) covers AZ though.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post