SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Dentists
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dentists Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I really like my dentist. He is a bit old school and in is close to 70 like my surgeon. I will miss them when they retire.

At age 65 I had to have one of my baby eye teeth extracted that had cracked and started to decay. He took the time to make estimates for various options, explained the pros and cons of both, and did not charge me anything for it.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first (talking 3-5ish) was a real prick. I feel physically ill just walking into a dentists office now. I have judged all subsequent dentists (2) based on that fuckwit, more than likely unfairly. I have gone almost a decade without seeing one as a result and am paying for it. Suppose I have to find another as my last retired to Florida. I am considering one that puts you to sleep for the duration of the appt.
Don't get me started on the hygienists. Above dentist had a real winner, i swear took pleasure in finding ways to inflict pain and make you bleed. She is the only woman I've considered taking a swing at.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Your an anti dentite.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
You just need a hawt assistant and some nitrous. All will be well.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK: LOL guess I should have put a Big Grin on that

I knew you were kidding, but there are a few out there that would do it. I might also stay away from those that have pictures of them with deceased lions. Might lead to a protest breaking out while you're in the chair. Smile

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Finally found one we liked and after a few years he sold the practice and retired, can't blame him for that, new owner is an Indian woman, not a bad person, however a completely different personality from a bald older motorcycle riding guy LOL.

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
My first (talking 3-5ish) was a real prick. I feel physically ill just walking into a dentists office now. I have judged all subsequent dentists (2) based on that fuckwit, more than likely unfairly. I have gone almost a decade without seeing one as a result and am paying for it. Suppose I have to find another as my last retired to Florida. I am considering one that puts you to sleep for the duration of the appt.
Just sit in the chair. When he says "Open wide," that's your clue to reach over and gently take hold of his testicles, and say, "Now, we are not going to hurt each other, are we?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
V-Tail, I've heard that joke before.
Nitrous... yes. Hot chick, not so much. I don't need those kinda problems. Besides, a 10 here is still only a 6 in Cali and the female in question was already pretty attractive. Just mean enough it didn't matter at the time.

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
Your an anti dentite.

{John Malkovich voice} for me they're somewhere between cockroaches and that whit film that forms in the corner of your mouth when you're really thirsty.
Bout sums it up.

Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
You just need a hawt assistant and some nitrous. All will be well.

Funny you mention her. As I kid the dentist used Novocaine only to pull teeth. All the drilling was done without. Needless to say, I hated the visits. Then there was the Army, where once the dentist said to his assistant "Well, the sooner we get done, the sooner we can leave." Finally retired and went to the Denntist my wife had found. There I met the dental hygienist. A cutie, lots of jokes, and...she had me try nitrous! I was in love. Liked the hygienist too. The dentist teaches at UDub and is a bit standoofish, but damn he's good. Still, his assistant....

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
You guys are pikers. I will be teaching my dentist the state required concealed carry class while he fills a cavity middle November. Currently he is a student dentist at the area Dental School. Already a great guy. I will likely be leaving dental school behind when he graduates.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I don't understand dentists, proctologists, or gynecologists. All day looking at the same thing.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid, I dreaded going to the dentist--he had one of those belt-driven drills and would bear down and you could smell the tooth burning!

However, he was kind enough to put his Lucky Strikes in the corner of his mouth so the smoke wouldn't get in our eyes while he worked.

He left the practice after many years and became a prison dentist for the local lockup...

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 687 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post