SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Trouble in the household brewing......
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trouble in the household brewing...... Login/Join 
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted
So last night, Raingirl was watching the Democratic blather on TV.

"Umm, Honey, why are you watching that?"

"I want to know how the candidates are doing and whom I should vote for."

"Are you voting Democratic?"

"I don't know."

I knew at this point, there was nothing I could say, or reason to, so I put on earphones, my cpap, rolled over and slept.

God help me, she is turning blue.

Maybe.

She voted Trump, wore deplorable t-shirts, but now, she must have been influenced by her sister, she is paying attention to Democrats.

At first I had to explain to her what I meant by Fauxhcahontas. Now for the sake of peace, I had best not say anything.

Serenity now!

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Are you married to her?

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What do you mean it's best you not say anything? You have to help her get over this bout of temporary insanity. You must help her overcome the nonsense her sister is feeding her. You have an obligation to help her be a part of making America great again. The fight is obviously still ongoing.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Are you married to her?

11 years, yes.

It will be an uphill battle to clarify the facts, and I need to pick my battles carefully.

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:
quote:
Are you married to her?

11 years, yes.

It will be an uphill battle to clarify the facts, and I need to pick my battles carefully.

You can say that again. Tread lightly my friend.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Ha! In the MN Primary, I went to vote for Bernie to help throw gas on the DNC fire (MN is a free vote state with no requirement to register as Republican or Democrat) as DJT is running unopposed, but Mrs. Pyker could not bring herself to do it, and voted Rep. again. She said it would make her feel unclean to vote Dem.

God, I love her!

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Good plan Rainman. Patiently bring her back to the fold.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I would start by respectfully asking her why and respectfully listening to her reasoning.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
Me and Mrs. Kraquin are the same way with religion, polar opposites, but there are bigger fish to fry.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kraquin:
Me and Mrs. Kraquin are the same way with religion, polar opposites, but there are bigger fish to fry.

I think this will be my approach.
I don't need a stroke.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
It isn't hard, simply pull the thread to the logical conclusion with her and any other blue leaner.

I let them do the talking and see when the lightbulb comes on.

Some get upset and change the subject, most of them are lost causes but over time you can make them think a bit.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Buck up, cowboy, you'll get through this.

Its not like she wants you to sell the Duc, and buy a Sportster or something.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Buck up, cowboy, you'll get through this.

Its not like she wants you to sell the Duc, and buy a Sportster or something.

Oh God, Truth!

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I would start by respectfully asking her why and respectfully listening to her reasoning.
And all you'll hear from her are all the "talking point" headlines blathered from the cake hole of idiots that couldn't pour piss out of a boot with a handle on the heel and the directions on the bottom...

ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

If there were reasoning involved, he wouldn't be having this problem. Women depend on feelings.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:
quote:
Are you married to her?

11 years, yes.

You're very wise in picking battles, some fights aren't worth the fallout.

I would simply ask her how the economy is doing, life is right now and things of those nature. Everything is going great, economy (aside from this virus thing which is out of trumps control), gas prices are cheap, no terrorist attacks on US soil, etc. etc. and focus on those, not democrat versus republican...….in the end though, everyone has the right to vote for whoever they choose.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
She may just need to inform herself. I know I always listen to (or try to) both sides but we are pretty Republican so I get a lot of one side and not much of the other ...
It was always interesting when I worked at a public university. I kept my mouth shut.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
For years I didn't know which way my wife voted but she knew my leanings. She comes from a large family with several liberals. Family members are lawyers, judges, an elected County Attorney and a defense attorney. Family gatherings meant BS liberal conversations so I avoided them.

She's finally realized how far left and corrupt the dnc has become. I contribute that to her watching OAN instead of network news. Razz

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are in the zone referred to as a rock and a hard place. I speak from experience, you have my condolences.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My other half has turned to the dark side
She was always kind of blue and liberal
Now it is freaking annoying and pathetic

That along with all the alternative lifestyle crap.
We had a big argument about how Disney is ruining everything and she just said I was getting old and stuck in my ways.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post