SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Trouble in the household brewing......
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trouble in the household brewing...... Login/Join 
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I would start by respectfully asking her why and respectfully listening to her reasoning.

If there were reasoning involved, he wouldn't be having this problem. Women depend on feelings.

Some women do, but certainly not all of us. In my case, it was my husband who leaned left when we first met. Were it not for his devilish good looks and affinity for fine firearms, I may have passed him by. But after years of patient hard work on my part pointing out the problems of the left, he's an upstanding, right leaning kind of guy. Smile

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Similar to my wife. When I met her, she was a liberal vegetarian academic. Now she’s a Rush Limbaugh-listening, meat-eating, Army civilian retiree. She laughs at leftists and votes Republican. It takes time.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put on Hannity and listen to rush with her in the car. Then send her Louder with Crowder videos on her phone

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
My wife is not a Trump fan, doesn't vote, and I don't care. It doesn't affect me one bit. She was willing to help fight the D's in VA over 2A though.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Some of you guys are better men than I am I guess.

There is no way in hell I could be married to a democrat. No way.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I think reason is on our side - I wouldn't get trapped into arguing or debating with a family member, but a soft approach with leading questions could plant seeds.

"I can see the appeal of (candidate X's promise of Y). How do you think they could make that work?", kind of thing. Asking open ended questions and not jumping in yourself to demolish the fantasies. Doing that would trap you and her into the argument, and essentially making her defend the leftists could psychologically affect her attitudes and perceptions, and could lock her in. Having her answer herself makes her take both sides. Wink

There are lots people in the middle who need to be informed about just how bad the Democratic candidates truly are, before making up their minds. The election depends on enough of the folks in the middle weighing the alternatives and deciding that, like the Dame of Benghazi, the alternatives to Donald Trump are not worthy of the Presidency. The true believers (of either side) are not enough to decide the election on their own.

It would be nice if the press did their job, like scouts in the military. Straight-up descriptions of the situation and dispositions. Not going to hold my breath on that.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
Put on Hannity and listen to rush with her in the car. Then send her Louder with Crowder videos on her phone
I might suggest Dennis Prager over Hannity. Just to "break her in". JMHO...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just tell her you're fine with her cancelling your vote for Trump, as long as she doesn't vote multiple times like all those damn illegal aliens do for Dems

Posts: 212 | Location: Western PA | Registered: March 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
My wife was on the phone with a friend the other night and I heard her say, "I'm thinking Bloomberg is the best choice..."

I woke up at 3:00 the next morning with those words going through my head and could not go back to sleep.... this image kept showing up in my mind:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
My parents cancelled each others votes for 50 something years. They never really spoke about politics that I remember when I was growing up. It was only much later as a middle-aged adult that I found out my mom had been voting democrat all those years. I knew my dad was republican, even as a kid.

Just today, I saw my daughter had liked some pro-Warren tweets. College ruined her good sense.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just take her on vacation to Cuba, before the election. Show her what Communism and free healthcare for all is really like!!!!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
It's a long time until November. No need to confront now. The "problem" may well resolve itself long before then.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
My wife was brainwashed by CNN. Their propaganda is effective and nonstop. It’s hate all day all of the time. They convinced her that if she was an enlightened, educated and smart person she would hate all Republicans (especially Trump). She used to be solid Republication but no more. Don’t underestimate the power ofNBC, CNN, MSNBC and just about every newspaper in the country.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MAYBE she is just playing you!

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Pack up the favorite half of your shit and disappear now. Most marriages last about a decade if lucky, so you've had as good a run as you can expect.

Or don't let it bug you so much.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Curious -

If Raingirl works, what is her profession and what are the political leanings of her peer group in her ‘working’ circles?

If she does not work, what kind of friends does she keep (i.e., do her friends spouses work in education, entertainment, social media, etc.)?

Knowing who may be influencing her political leanings may help you develop a counter-strategy.

Posts: 3466 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife voted for Hillary in the last election, I made it my sworn duty to try and get her to see the light. We watched several of the debates and at the end of every one she said "That was a complete shit show". Made me smile

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
My wife and I watched the debates, strictly for entertainment value. I still felt dirty.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Some of you guys are better men than I am I guess.

There is no way in hell I could be married to a democrat. No way.

No shit, one of the first things I asked my wife when we first met was if she liked Obama or not and when she said “hell no” I knew I met a great girl.
I dated a couple liberal chicks before and they were both selfish ignorant twats that I was lucky to be rid of now that I look back on it.
And I agree politics isn’t everything and honestly shouldn’t matter but every liberal girl I dated made a big deal of it. My wife who I met right before Obama’s 2nd term doesn’t really mention this stuff, has liberal friends that she won’t get into any of it with and she votes staunchly republican. Usually she just asks me who the communist assholes are then she looks into it herself and votes accordingly

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post