SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I Guess "Fire Drills" Are Too Old Fashioned
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Guess "Fire Drills" Are Too Old Fashioned Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Not only fire drills > we had bomb-proof desks we practiced hiding under. Eek

Our desks in TX were built to protect against nuclear bombs and tornados.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
The Wednesday before Thanksgiving we had a real lockdown. I had hall duty at the time. I was told by the principal that there were 4 intruders. I then found out the 4 were students that graduated last year and were walking around to see their old teachers. The problem was that a student let them in a locked side door. I was the one that found them, and took them to the office. The principal got on the PA and announced to the school that anyone letting someone into the building through any entrance would be charged with a crime. A little overboard.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
Today we had both a fire drill and a lockdown drill. I don't know if you guys realize how big the blimp hangars at Lakehurst Naval Air Station (Now known as Joint McGuire, Dix and Lakehurst), but standing in between two hangars that wind whips through pretty damn hard. Lucky I grabbed my jacket, the kids didn't have theirs I felt sorry for them.

You work at Lakehurst? About 35 years ago my uncle worked there and thanks to him I got a bit of a tour. I thought it was fantastic.

Anyway yes of course you have different drills for different scenarios, to practice the official proper response.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
Anybody else ever have a bedbug drill?

You have to get up from your desk and stand out of the way, so as not to disturb the bedbug-sniffing dog when he sniffs your work area (yes, at least once it was Roscoe).

I love the 21st Century.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GregY:
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
Today we had both a fire drill and a lockdown drill. I don't know if you guys realize how big the blimp hangars at Lakehurst Naval Air Station (Now known as Joint McGuire, Dix and Lakehurst), but standing in between two hangars that wind whips through pretty damn hard. Lucky I grabbed my jacket, the kids didn't have theirs I felt sorry for them.

You work at Lakehurst? About 35 years ago my uncle worked there and thanks to him I got a bit of a tour. I thought it was fantastic.

Anyway yes of course you have different drills for different scenarios, to practice the official proper response.

Yes, depending on where the district needs me I can work Lakehurst 4 days a week or not go there for weeks at a time.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Geez... When y'all are done with all of those, is there a "Get back to work" drill?

Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it.

Posts: 1552 | Location: SF Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheOtherDave:
Geez... When y'all are done with all of those, is there a "Get back to work" drill?

Not in the high school in Lakehurst that I sometimes work at. It's a Preforming Arts Academy. Song, dance, musical instruments, audio recording. It's like a mini Hollywood Studio.

Living the Dream