SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Apple and google have dropped the gunbroker app
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple and google have dropped the gunbroker app Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
So now you have to go to the website to place a bid. The app was very convenient. Just another attack on gun companies.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Must be something else going on. There’s a lot of other gun and ammunition stuff on Apple’s App store.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The app was dropped a long time ago. Like 9-12 months ago.
IIRC you could dl the app from gunbroker.

Nope, looks like I was wrong.

https://support.gunbroker.com/...Apps-Mobile-Site-Use

quote:
Mobile Apps/Mobile Site Use
Updated 15 hours ago
Last Updated 4/27/2020

Bid and Buy functionality for the mobile app has been disabled. All bids and purchases must be done on the responsive website. If you try to bid or buy you will see this message: "You do not have permission to use this operation." This permission has been taken away from everyone and cannot be restored.

Due to policy changes within their companies, Apple and Google have chosen to not support our apps at this time. Unfortunately, that also means we cannot provide needed updates and fixes or new access to the app. We hope you will continue to use our site via your mobile browser, which we are making more responsive to phone users.

If you are interested in learning more about their specific policies, please use the link to direct you to that section below:

Apple / Iphone / Ipad

Google / Android

Solution
Our Responsive Website
To better serve our users who are increasingly using mobile devices and tablets, we are working daily to make our site responsive and mobile-friendly. Our enhanced site is designed to work effectively on mobile devices including phones and tablets. If you navigate to a page that is not mobile-friendly, please let us know so that we can update pages that our users visit most frequently.

Shortcut to Our Site
We recommend you add the GunBroker.com web site to your phone's home screen. If you require assistance in creating this shortcut, please look here for instructions on how to add a website to your phone home screen.

Information on Apple and Google Policies
Apple / Iphone / Ipad
Unfortunately, Apple has removed our app from their store. They state our app violates their guidelines. Here is what they told us:

"Apple has removed your App since it violates our guidelines. Specifically, this item:

1. Safety

When people install an app from the App Store, they want to feel confident it’s safe to do so— that the app doesn’t contain upsetting or offensive content, won’t damage their device, and isn’t likely to cause physical harm from its use. We’ve outlined the major pitfalls below, but if you’re looking to shock and offend people, the App Store isn’t the right place for your app.

1.1 Objectionable Content

Apps should not include content that is offensive, insensitive, upsetting, intended to disgust, or in exceptionally poor taste. Examples of such content include:

1.1 <removed>

1.2 <removed>

1.3 Depictions that encourage illegal or reckless use of weapons and dangerous objects, or facilitate the purchase of firearms."

Access to Apple's complete guidelines are available here: https://developer.apple.com/ap...e/review/guidelines/

Google / Android
Unfortunately, Google has removed our app from their store. They state our app violates their guidelines. Here is what they told us:

"After review, GunBroker.com, com.gunbroker.android has been suspended and removed from Google Play due to a policy violation.

Issue: Violation of Dangerous Products policy

We don't allow apps that facilitate the sale of explosives, firearms, ammunition or certain firearms accessories. We also don’t allow apps that provide instructions for the manufacture of explosives, firearms, ammunition, restricted firearm accessories, or other weapons."

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Maybe they have to pay a fee to be there and wouldn't or it had some other technical issue. Maybe you could contact gunbroker and ask them.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
That's crazy and I'm confused because I still have the app on my Galaxy S20 and used it 2 weeks ago to buy my P365 NRA edition.

I wonder if you already had the app you were grandfathered? Or should I expect to see the app stop working?

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I just have Gunbroker.com as a link on my home screen. Works just fine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dmac82
posted Hide Post
Instead they allow Apps like YouT-be or T1cToc that encourage actions like eating Tie Pods or Penny electrocute yourself challenges. While Law Abiding citizens get villainize

Posts: 634 | Location: lost in the mountains | Registered: November 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dmac82:
Instead they allow Apps like YouT-be or T1cToc that encourage actions like eating Tie Pods or Penny electrocute yourself challenges.

And, ZOMG, web browsers, with which you can get in all kinds of trouble!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Just looked on my phone (Apple) and the app is still there, still works and can place a bid. Went to look in the app store and did not see it there. I hate anti gun corps, but there are so damn many of them!

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Speaking of anti-gun corporations... the credit card processing company Square has now decided to hold businesses payments for 120 days... the reason I mention this is I looked into using them a couple of years ago in my business (which has nothing to do with guns) and in their policy is no sales of firearms...

We have a local small grocery that specializes in local produce and other locally made foods and I will only pay them in cash because they use Square.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lot of major banks won’t support credit card processing for firearms sales. I tried to upload a picture of one of my revolvers to Wells Fargo because they sent me an email to put a picture on my debit card. A couple days later I received an email that says request denied here’s a link to our policy and your picture violates one of these policies.

• Third-party trademarks, logos, copyrighted materials, advertising, and branding.
    Name, image and likeness of celebrities, musicians, athletes, entertainers, or other public figures.
  • Telephone numbers, URLs, account numbers, addresses, or email addresses.
  • Cartoon characters or artwork that you have not created and/or do not have permission from the copyright owner to use.
  • Violent, offensive, anti-social, or death imagery - including any other material that could be perceived as violent.
  • Provocative, lewd, or sexual content - including nude, semi-nude, or partially clothed pictures of people of any age.
  • Dead animals, including game animals.
  • Political or religious imagery or text.
  • Symbols representing money or other content that might result in confusion at the merchant, or that might result in card fraud.
  • Socially unacceptable or discriminatory behavior or signs. For example, gangs, hatred, drug or alcohol abuse, graffiti, profanity, or other obscene behavior or gestures.
  • Images of flags, unless it is one of the flag-related images from our image library.
  • Photos altered using emojis or other images from third party phone app processes or features, including lenses and filters.

After I couldn’t find which one of these policies my picture violates I emailed Wells Fargo.. no response.. I’m assuming they classify my 2” 360PD as death imagery since major banks are a bunch of snowflakes, but who knows because they won’t respond

Wow sorry for the large thread drift. I loved the Gunbroker app, but when I transferred my stuff to my new phone the Gunbroker app didn’t follow and can’t download anymore. It sucks

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post