SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Grandson Broke His Arm-Again
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grandson Broke His Arm-Again Login/Join 
posted
My 4 year old grandson is a bit rambunctious. In Feb he broke his left arm. This time it is his right, and much worse. He goes into surgery in a little while.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear, sending some prayers and good vibes your way!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Hoping for a SPEEDY recovery. John

Posts: 2862 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Hope he has a quick and good recovery.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When my kid was growing up, I happened to bump into one of the ER nurses in Krogers. She said, hey, where is your son? We have not seen him for a couple of weeks!
That made me doubt my parenting skills.
Best wishes for a quick recovery.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, his mother was a wild child too. She once broke her right arm jumping off the roof using a paper bag as a parachute, and experiment. Six weeks later she broke her left arm doing the same thing. I asked her why she jumped the second time, and she said she had to test her theory with a plastic shopping bag.

Surgery is done, pins are in. Joint and growth plates are not impacted. He fell at recess, and now he's pinned, so I'm going to call him "Pinned and Recessed."

My wife thinks he's going to become an MMA fighter. His mother is afraid it's true. Fortunately, his father doesn't sweat the small stuff and will continue to see the kid play like a boy.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear. Our girls both broke their arm (opposite sides) at age 3.
The oldest went over the top of a yoga ball & put her hands down to catch herself, buckle fracture.
Youngest fell off the side of the couch & landed on her side with her arm tucked under her.

Luckily, neither required a hard cast, just a cable tightened temp cast/brace.

Oldest broke her foot around the same time the youngest broke her arm. Luckily again, no hard cast needed, just a boot.

Hope yours heals up quickly.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Good luck to him and a speedy recovery.

My nephew broke his bad a few months ago. They put it in a cast and hoped it would start to heal ok. When they checked it after a week or so it wasn't healing right. He had to have surgery.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I can feel your pain so to speak, my 4 year old grandson is the same way almost without the broken bones but he has more than his share of cuts and bruises. Here is too a speedy recovery and the best to what ever he would decide to do in his life.

P.S. Sounds if he would be a good Marine.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear this, Speedy Recovery.

Posts: 28 | Location: MS | Registered: May 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Pinned and Recessed, that's good. Big Grin

My son broke one arm when he was 4 and the other when he was 6. The surgeon for the second one told me his arms hyperextend. If I hold my arms straight out, they are a straight angle with the elbow at the vertex. When my son holds his arms out, they form a 200 degree angle with the elbow at the vertex. If I fall and put my arms out, the force goes straight through my elbow. When he falls and puts his arms out, forearm acts as a lever on the elbow and something breaks.

Teach your grandson to tuck and roll when he falls.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When he heals, he'll be starting some form of martial art, most to learn to fall. Of course, his mother broke an arm at ballet class.