SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Nonresponsive eBay Seller
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nonresponsive eBay Seller Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Placed my bid (an offer actually) Sunday night.

Seller accepted it Monday morning. I paid promptly via PayPal early on Monday.

Seller has now gone radio silent. No message from them about my item, no notification of shipping. No response to message to them today for a status.

At what point should I begin to get concerned here? Seller had like 900 positive feedbacks and 1 negative.

Am I being too impatient here?

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BDA220
posted Hide Post
You can file a claim with eBay after a certain length of time. But, this is not uncommon. I do a lot on eBay, and this happens from time to time. Be patient, I suspect it will work out fine.

"Strange days have found us, strange days have tracked us down." JM

Posts: 807 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Sometimes it takes a few days for them to get around to shipping items.
I know I never got a replay and my item showed up in the mailbox before.

I've had it take 4 days for someone to get around to shipping a watch.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
With 900 positives and 1 negative, I'd give the seller a few more days. While I don't agree with the seller taking 5 days, their feedback indicates they are a good ebayer and may have something come up at home or work.

Also, you have 30 days to file a claim with Paypal. Either way, you'll get the material you bought or your money back.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd wait until Monday. A week is enough time to ship or explain a delay.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
it's probably on it's way I don't always mark shipped or post tracking. 900 positive Don't worry about it.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Is it from a US seller?
I've had no responses and no tracking from overseas sellers before but got my item eventually.

I thought it was 45 days to file a claim?

Someone bought something I sold but then emailed and said I won't be home till the 16th. That was a week ago. Wonder what ebay would do to me since they keep sending me reminder emails to ship. I plan on hand delivering it on the 17th since it's on my way to visit my son in NC.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I know we've been spoiled by Amazon, Greg Cote and Top Gun Supply, but if the guy complies with whatever time limit there is, there is little you can do.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I went in and looked at the details of the transaction:

-Shipping was free.
-It says in posting that it should arrive by April 18

What bothers me is the non-response of the seller going on 4 days now. I get the impression it's just some guy, not a business who does only eBay though.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I occasionally sell on Fleabay and have all positive feedback except one neutral feedback.

On the neutral feedback, it was an item I had relisted for its 3rd 10 day auction (ie it hadn't sold twice). I came down with gastroenteritis and checking my email wasn't gonna happen while having a fever. Once the fever broke (still had other gastroenteritis symptoms), I checked my email and saw the item had sold. However, it was large enough it had to be a USPS drop-off and I really didn't want to risk crapping my pants to ship it. I apologized to the buyer and shipped it 5 days after it had sold. Thus, I received my first neutral rating.

When I relisted it, I had every intention of shipping within 3 days of purchase and communicating well. However, life got in the way.

In other words, I'd cut a seller some slack who has all positive feedback. Illness, injuries, accidents, deaths in family, etc happen.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
FINALLY got a "shipped" notification...4 full days later.

Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I'm in a similar bind. Bought a small Dewalt compressor at a great price, then AFTER I sent paypal, I noticed the guy was a new seller. Even though the seller shows the item was shipped via USPS, he's non responsive, didn't give me a shipping confirmation number, and now says "This user is no longer registered on eBay." D'oh!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
PayPal will cover your loss if he bolted.

I bought a rare Seiko off a single sell newbie.
My watch did show up, just tool a few days for him to ship it.
The come to find out this person is a cousin of mine somehow.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Sometimes sellers are a little slow. If they use the USPS, they aren't always efficient at getting the shipping notices out.

I shipped some golf clubs I sold on E-bay, and my post office didn't send the "he shipped it" notice. I only got any notice when the delivering post office delivered it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I went in and looked at the details of the transaction:

-Shipping was free.
-It says in posting that it should arrive by April 18

What bothers me is the non-response of the seller going on 4 days now. I get the impression it's just some guy, not a business who does only eBay though.

I've learned not to trust the "should arrive by" statements. I think that's an eBay calculation, not one by the seller.

I recently purchased an item that had that same statement, saying "your item will arrive by April 12th". I made an offer that was accepted friday night and paid promptly. The shipping label was generated but the item wasn't shipped until Monday morning (not unexpected) with an estimated deliver of this coming Saturday. Other than the offer exchange, I heard nothing from the seller. I got a tracking number via an automated email and signed up to receive text updates so I can keep on top of it.

Once I have it, I'll leave my feedback (so long as it arrives relatively close to the ETA and in the promised condition, it'll be positive) and that'll be that. Little to no interaction between us at all...just the way I like it Razz

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Ugh.

This seller has totally scammed me I fear. 12 days now and NO laptop nor any response to 3 messages to him.

Now I have to go chase eBay for my money I guess?

Been on eBay since 2000 and have never had a problem with a seller in all that time until now. I guess it serves me right, buying electronics from sites like this is a crapshoot and it looks like I lost. Red Face

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Ugh.

This seller has totally scammed me I fear. 12 days now and NO laptop nor any response to 3 messages to him.

Now I have to go chase eBay for my money I guess?

Been on eBay since 2000 and have never had a problem with a seller in all that time until now. I guess it serves me right, buying electronics from sites like this is a crapshoot and it looks like I lost. Red Face

No reason to fret. File a claim with eBay and you'll get your money back. It happens to the best of us; but one thing you'll find is eBay (almost) always sides with the buyer. Once you file a claim, the seller will have a few days to respond. If they don't respond, eBay will automatically refund your money. If the seller responds, then you'll likely get the item that you paid for. Either way, you'll be made whole.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Seems really out of character for seller. Perhaps something happened to him.

Had a friend who got truly scammed on the purchase of a pair of $20K jet skis, it took a while, but Ebay made good.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10350 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PayPal or your CC will make you whole in a few days. The one time I got scammed I had my money back within a day of filing a complaint. The scammer wasn't too bright and ended up doing a couple years of fed time.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post