SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Yes, yes, yes. The neverending gift of CC Fraud
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yes, yes, yes. The neverending gift of CC Fraud Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I recently found and am disputing four charges totaling about $200 on one of my cards, a Cabela's Visa.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just had this happen with my debit card. USAA let 31 charges go through in another state over a day and a half period before they decided to stop charge number 32.
On top of their incompetence, I am still trying to get all the charges reimbursed and this happened more than a week ago. It was about $3000 gone by someone who cloned my card somehow after I used it at a local gas station.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With it being so easy to do I dont understand why everyone with a CC doesnt go into their account and set up text alerts for every time their card is used.I set mine for any purchase over $0.01.Get multiple texts for the same purchase because of the way I have it set but it works.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Seems that the end consumer is the one eating the fraud, not the victim or CC companies. I guess that is good in a way, as it might make them a little more wary of what they accept, and what they don't.

It's the vendor (whoever that processed the fraudulent charges) that eats the cost, because by that time the thief already made it out with whatever goods they bought.

It's the cost of doing business.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darkest2000:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Seems that the end consumer is the one eating the fraud, not the victim or CC companies. I guess that is good in a way, as it might make them a little more wary of what they accept, and what they don't.

It's the vendor (whoever that processed the fraudulent charges) that eats the cost, because by that time the thief already made it out with whatever goods they bought.

It's the cost of doing business.

Yes that's what we was trying to say by end consumer.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes that's what we was trying to say by end consumer.

Thank you for cleaning up your written communication.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only crime with no time.

There is zero effort or initiative to identify or enforce this type of fraud.

We have two young ladies in jail now (and they have been in for quite a few months now) with very high cash-only bonds.

It will be a long story for when the case is dispoed, but they each currently have 20-some felonies related the the 9 pages of credit card info they (allegedly) had in a notebook.

I mentioned this in another thread, but they (allegedly) bought the info off the Dark Web using bitcoins at a kiosk in a grow shop in Denver.

These girls are 19 and 20 and not too bright, but are hooked up with a variety of meth-dealing ex-cons who possibily showed then the tricks of the trade, and are now also getting rolled up in the investigation. This is all home-grown and, to me, even more threatening than the thought of off-shore scams. If these two could access info that easilly and it's that accessible, we are all much more vulnerable than you can imagine.

Fortuantely, we have a young Deputy District Attorney who is a pitbull and will take this all the way.

Posts: 590 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post