SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Daughter didn't get recognized because she is a girl
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter didn't get recognized because she is a girl Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
You should be taking her out for ice cream and congratulating her instead of being upset.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
My daughter shot exactly at 5 clay Pidgeon's once after I bought her a Browning 20 gauge automatic with the wimpyist shells on the universe, said it kicked to hard. I wanted her to join the high school trap club. Dad DENIED!!!

I would be happy if she would go shoot .22 with me sometime.

I'm jealous.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
No disrespect intended, but does shooting really need to be divided into boys/girls?

I have often wondered about this.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The kid that came in 7th wasn't recognized either and it wasn't due to his gender.

Posts: 10932 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a girl & I always liked competing against the boys. I grew up in a martial arts background & competed against the boys. I even took the adult classes (when I was given approval by the instructor) when I was only ten years old. I was the only "kid" in the class. I held my own & it gave me a lot of confidence, & I excelled. My Mother always encouraged me that I could be as good as & even better than the boys. My older brothers just wanted to make sure I could take care of myself & they pushed me hard.
It makes me more proud to do well against an open playing field.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
My wife is a trapshooter. She has a few boxes full of junior and ladies awards. She has 1 handicap championship trophy for the Florida Sate Shoot, where she beat all the men straight up. Guess which get save if there is a fire. If your shooting in acompetiton with no lady award the. Don’t bitch that they don’t have a lady award. They didn’t have an award you thought your daughter couldnt win. So you called and bitched. Sounds whiny. Then she damn near wins in her outright, sounds like she got the goods more than you expected. Rejoice in knowing she can handle herself just fine. That’s worth more than any trophy.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Sounds like good motivation for next time.

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
No disrespect intended, but does shooting really need to be divided into boys/girls?

I have often wondered about this.

IMHO, it shouldn't be,

was at Camp Perry one year, maybe 10 or 12 yrs ago,

was staying with the VA state team, great group of guys,

walked with them down to the wailing wall to check scores on evening, and up walks this 16yr old girl, very nice looking and well mannered, may have weighed all of 105lbs,

she is looking for scores as well and a couple of the guys were helping her find the names she was looking for, and come to find out one of the scores was for her,

she outshot everyone I was with, and most of them are high masters, all had been shooting since at least the late 80's

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Use the 8th place as a motivator for her.

^^^^^^
This

She sounds like quite a talented young lady!

Posts: 107 | Registered: May 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took a BRAND new, female shooter to the range to help her learn, check off a bucket-list item (she now has her permit) and on the second? third? outing, with my PCR she put FIVE (at 7 yards) into a target that were completely covered with a guitar pick I had in my pocket. My jaw was on the floor. Oh, and she's cross-dominant-right-handed and didn't know what that was at the time. Beginner's luck? Perhaps. Was she in control of the pistol during those 5 shots? Yep.
I've heard, as many of you likely have, that women have more fine-motor-skill control than men. (Not bringing that to the table as a hijack, just, again, congratulating the OP and his talented daughter.)
I love to watch female shooters excel!

Posts: 107 | Registered: May 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I do wish there was more consistency, one way or the other.

If we're allowing women in combat units, submarines, etc, and having girls and boys compete against each other in shooting sports, why do we separate Olympic sports, or High School and College sports? Does it matter, or doesn't it? If it does, when, and why?

I think we (society as a whole) send very mixed messages with how these things are handled. Same with what constitutes an adult. Is it at 18, or 21? Does the activity matter? Why? When? We're all over the place, frankly. No wonder people are frustrated or confused.

Regardless, the OP's daughter is clearly a good shot. Congratulations to you both.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post