SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Klondikes now 4.0 oz.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Klondikes now 4.0 oz. Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TGC140:
It all started with coffee. How many of you are old enough to remember One Pound cans?

That's why I love Aldi's German coffee, it comes in the European standard size of 500 grams which comes out to around 17.5 ounces and they don't play these stupid downsizing games.

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The ones that look like Half Gallons but no longer are get on my nerves.

Some dickhead decided to scale it down *just* enough that most wouldn't notice, and now it's so pervasive that other ice cream makes are advertising theirs as "still a half gallon".

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
The ones that look like Half Gallons but no longer are get on my nerves.

Some dickhead decided to scale it down *just* enough that most wouldn't notice, and now it's so pervasive that other ice cream makes are advertising theirs as "still a half gallon".

Everyone gets so worked up about this stuff. Companies have to make decisions all the time on how to raise prices. They can do it by changing sizes or raising the price, they can fool more dumb people by making it smaller, so often the opt to do that.

For ice cream and most other things it does not matter one bit. For something like a Klondike it disturbs the chocolate to ice cream ratio and actually changes the taste of the product. Which is stupid. -- By the way I finally tried one of the ones I bought last week, not bad, never had a mint chocolate chip one before.

This is why when I shop I purchase things on the price per pound/ounce/gallon. Makes it easier to compare prices.

FYI when you see the small size is a dollar off, check the unit pricing it's still often times cheaper to buy the 'family' sized one at full price than the 'individual/value' sized one. Value sized things crack me up, they are anything but a good value. I had an ex that would always buy the smallest size of any product she could because "it cost less". I could never explain the concept of checking to see how much per zip-lock bag or paper towel she was paying.

Here is a good example. Lets say we have a Skipper that offers three hour tours for a group of five passengers. The current rate is $500.00 but gas has gone up and his first mate, we'll call him Gilligan demands $15.00 per hour or he'll quit.

It's been the same price for years, now it's barely profitable for him to risk getting stranded on some desert isle for the rest of his life, so he has to raise prices. Most people will remember it's always been $500 and ask what the heck when he makes it $599 per trip? I've been paying $500 for the last few years? This is outrageous! So instead he changes the prices to $500 per trip up to four passengers and $99 for each additional passenger.

I'd call that skipper a smart businessman.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post