SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Klondikes now 4.0 oz.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Klondikes now 4.0 oz. Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
It's not just Klondike bars. Everything is shrinking. TP is now an inch less wide. LOL

No, your ass is getting bigger.

We've now come full circle and know the cause for the smaller sized klondikes.

Big Grin

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
To protect their profit margins, many manufacturers are shrinking the size of the product, while keeping pricing constant.
Hellman's Mayo now comes in a 30 oz jar vs 32 oz.
Price did not go down.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
I think I'm just going to start ordering Penn State Ice Cream (the college has a creamery). ... It's also the best Ice Cream I've ever had.

They also have some kind of ice-cream-ology degree program. There's an ice cream shop in Bethlehem PA where the owners graduated from Penn State and make their own ice cream. Some traditional, but some very untraditional flavors, like lime ginger. It is, hands down, the absolute best ice cream I've ever had. My daughter and I have been there several times.

Yeah, they do, and that Lime Ginger sounds AMAZING!

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
They're helping you with your Disciplined Pursuit of Less Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
The friggin things are only about 3/4" thick now.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
The real question here is:
What would you do for 88.88% of a Klondike bar?
Big Grin

I can't even remember now how long it has been since they changed a pound of sausage into 12oz. Can you?

Blue Bell is the only ice cream maker I know of that still sells full 1/2 gallon containers. We don't have Publix. Wish we did though, hearing you guys talk it up.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7250 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I won't do anything for a Klondike anymore.

But I'm prepared to do some sketchy stuff for bourbon and bacon.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haggen Daz pints aren't pints any more either. 15 ounces.

Opps, now less, 14 ounces. But they compare $avorably to everyone else's pricing for a full 16 ounce pint and it's healthier too. Smile

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My old office kept both Klondike Bars and Haagen Dazs bars stocked in the break room freezer. I preferred the Haagen Dazs bars and the office went thru them much faster so most everybody must have had the same opinion.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I read this thread and went and bought some Klondikes today. At least they are lower calorie now so I won't feel bad when I have two for desert tonight. Smile

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Thankfully there is a limit. Individually packaged bites of food. I'm predicting pre chewed as a way to increase value.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5149 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I had one a couple months ago and yes it was pathetically thin, and I'll never buy or eat them again. I hate this bullshit, if you need to raise your price, be honest and raise it and don't shrink your product down.

The same happened with Philadelphia's famed Tastykake baking company. I grew up and loved their peanut butter Kandy Kakes which are a disc of yellow sponge cake with peanut butter filling and coated with chocolate. They USED to be about a 2.75 to 3 inch diameter and had loads of PB and a thick, real chocolate coating. Retailers used to have to store them in the refrigerated section in the summer to keep the thick chocolate coating from melting.

Had some a few months ago and swore I'd never eat them again; they were DRY 1.5 inch discs of lousy sponge cake with a sad, thin strip of peanut butter along the top, covered by the thinnest, most pathetic excuse for "chocolate" flavored coating I'd ever eaten in a snack cake. BLECCCH.
Way to go, Tasty Baking Co. Frown

Posts: 33770 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
To protect their profit margins, many manufacturers are shrinking the size of the product, while keeping pricing constant.
Hellman's Mayo now comes in a 30 oz jar vs 32 oz.
Price did not go down.

Blue Bunny did almost the same thing, they changed the size and shape of the carton from the full half gallon to the same size as all the other and that's when I quit buying it. Hellmans has gone up in price here now. It's nearly $4.00 for a 30 oz jar now.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Klondikes used to be 6 ounces a long time ago. I remember when they switched to the 4.5 ounce size and thought it was seriously smaller. I hate when companies do this......just charge more..... has anyone seen those $.99 cent bags of Lays anymore? Holy cow, the bag is like 25% full.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I remember when they started shrinking the half gallon ice cream down, first it was like 1.85 Qt, then it was 1.75 Qt...then 1.65 Qt.

Just looked at the "half gallon" we have in the freezer and it's 1.5 Qt now. Sons of bitches! Mad

I noticed that quart size mayo has begun to shrink but also see that Duke's makes it a point to show that you still get a full 32 oz when you buy theirs, good for them.

Posts: 33770 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I hate this bullshit, if you need to raise your price, be honest and raise it and don't shrink your product down.

Exactly! I am willing to pay more for a product I like.

That said, I noticed a slow move toward a waxiness with them that was irritating me too. But I tolerated it because I liked the portion division of the six people in our family.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
I tolerated it because I liked the portion division of the six people in our family.
I have noticed various brands of ice cream bars in the supermarket that are packaged in three bar containers.

I usually don't buy them because there are two people in our household, wife and me. Two of these three-bar packages should work for your six person household.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
And someone got pissed off enough to sue Hershey's!

A man is suing Hershey for ‘under-filling’ his box of Whoppers

posted Hide Post
It all started with coffee. How many of you are old enough to remember One Pound cans?

Posts: 10 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
Now you don't have to do as much for a Klondike Bar.

Beat me to it.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post